Part Fifty Two

"J-jia." Bea and I said in unison.

"Ate Jia..." Pati si Jaja ay nagulat na andito si Jia.

Millicent and Vanie hold their breath as they observe everyone who is in the room.

Jia laughed and looked at all of us. "Anong nangyayari dito?"

She walked towards Bea. "Andito ka pala, babe. Sinabi mo sana sakin kanina when we had our dinner kasi balak ko ring pumunta dito eh di sana sabay na lang tayo."

Still, no one had the courage to talk. I looked at Jaja and she also looked at me. I shook my head as I try to convince her not to spill anything yet but she just looked away.

"Ok lang kayo? Para naman akong multo. Gulat na gulat ah." She chuckled.

Bea was the first one to get her senses back. "Why are you here, b-babe?" She forced to smile and then she looked at Jaja. Jaja just shook her head.

"May mga ipapagawa sana ako kay Jho for our wedding. Eh ikaw, why are you here? And anong dapat niyong sabihin sakin?" Jia roamed her eyes around us.

Nagkatinginan naman kami ni Bea at sabay na tinignan si Jaja. Oh no, I can't.

"Uh, kasi Jia.." I started to say.

"It was something for your wedding, ate Jia." Nagulat ako when Jaja said that. I was expecting kasi na she will tell Jia what's really happening.

"What about the wedding?"

Napatingin naman sakin si Jaja.

It took a few moments for me to think of an excuse. "Uh, remember your request to have the 'December Avenue' to sing sa reception?"

"OMG, nakuha mo sila?" She excitedly waited for my answer.

I smiled and nodded.

"It was supposed to be a surprise, ate Ji." Jaja said. She looked at me and sighed.

"Wow! Nice!" Napatalon sa saya si Jia at niyakap si Bea. I sighed in relief and smiled at her.

Bea didn't hug her back so Jia looked up to her. "Hey, what's wrong? Hindi ka ba natuwa?"

Bea looked at me and Jaja. My smile melted.

"Huy." Jia called Bea once again.

"We need to tell her." Bea said in a low voice.

"Huh? Meron pa?" Nagtatakang sabi ni Jia.

"Bea."
"Ate Bea."

Millicent and I warned her.

She sighed. "It's time. Hindi na natin ito matatakasan pa and she should know this already. This is long overdue anyway."

She removed Jia's hold on her and faced her. "Jia, there is something I need to tell you."

"Ano yun? Bakit parang kinakabahan ako?" Jia chuckled but when she felt that Bea's serious she looked at me.

"What's this about? Jhoana and Beatriz if this is a prank lagot kayo sakin ah." She said. Napatingin naman ako sa malayo.

Bea let out a deep breathe. "How do I even tell you this?" She whispered.

"Jia, there is something going on between me and Jho." Bea started to say. I looked down, I can't look at Jia right now.

Jia looked at me, confused. "Huh? What do you mean?"

"I-i got confused. When I asked you to be my girlfriend.. that.. that was a mistake. It was Jho all along. The moment I saw her in the gym during the tryouts it was already her."

A tear escaped on Jia's eyes, realizing what Bea is saying. "What do you mean? You didn't love me?"

"I did, Jia. Pero.."

"Niloko mo ako. Ganon ba?" Jia wiped her tears.

Bea shook her head. "Lahat ng pinakita ko sa'yo, Jia totoo yun. You are so perfect and God knows how much I tried to fall for you and make our relationship work dahil ayaw kitang saktan. I care for you so much, Jia."

"I'm sorry, Jia. You don't deserve this." Bea shook her head pero si Jia ay tahimik lamang.

Bea looked at me and then back to Jia. "When you flew back to Thailand, Jho and I got close and there I couldn't.. I couldn't resist my feelings for her. It slipped out and I confessed my love for her."

Napatingin naman sakin si Jia.

I gulped and cleared my throat. "And I told her that I love her too." My voice cracked.

"Jia, I'm so so-"

She cut me off. "So.. you two are together for two years now?"

"No, Ji. We broke up before I flew to Thailand because.. we felt that it wasn't right." Bea answered.

"And Deanna caught us." I honestly said.

"Deanna?"

Bea and I both nodded.

She wiped her tears. "But you two.. right now.. kayo ulit?"

Nagkatinginan lang naman kami ni Bea. No one answered.

Jia chuckled. "Wow, so you guys are on it again. Wow."

Bea held Jia's arm. "Jia, I am so sorry."

Jia looked at her and then she looked at me. "Anong klase kang kaibigan, Jho? You let these things? How?! I trusted you.."

My tears started to flow. Lumapit ako sakanya. "Jia, I'm sorry. Jia... hindi namin sinasadya. Jia, patawarin mo ako."

"We were bestfriends since we were young! I treated you like my sister! Winelcome kita sa pamilya ko. How did you do this to me? We shared laughs, we shared tears, I shared my life with you! I didn't know na pati pala girlfriend ko, I will share it with you." Jia shook her head.

Hinawakan ko siya sa kamay but she pushed my hand away at napaupo ako.

"Ate Jho." Lumapit sakin sina Jaja at itinayo ako while Bea held Jia's arm.

"Jia." Bea stopped her.

"Jia, I'm sorry.. Jia.." I helplessly said.

Jia looked at Bea. "This is on me, Jia. Spare, Jhoana."

Jia chuckled and shrug Bea's hold on her. "How dare you."

"I gave you my heart. I gave you my everything. Minahal kita Bea.."

Jia's tears were unstoppable. Niyakap naman siya ni Bea.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She hugged Jia tightly but the latter kept on pushing her and punching her chest.

"Mahal na mahal kita ng sobra. More than anyone and anything else. More than myself." Bigla namang nanghina si Jia.

Bea rested her on her chest. "I'm sorry, Jia."

Everyone turned quiet. Milli, Vanie and Jaja are on me trying to calm me down and stop me from crying.

Jia is still on Bea's arms until she calmed down. She then pushed Bea with all her might.

She looked at the both of us. "Ayoko nang makita ang pagmumukha ninyong dalawa."

Palabas na siya ng condo when I rushed into her and stopped her. "Bes."

She turned and looked at her arm. She shrug it off. "You don't have the right to call me that."

Bigla naman niya akong sinampal.

"Jia!"
"Ate!"

The other people in the condo approached us. Si Bea ay hinawakan si Jia.

I held my cheeks pero hindi ko pinansin ang sakit nito.

"Jia..." What hurts me more is seeing my bestfriend in tears and in so much pain.

Jia looked at Bea and also slapped her in the cheeks. "That's for wasting my love."

And the she slapped her once more but in the other cheek. "That's for being with me and my bestfriend at the same time."

Jia looked at me. "Ex-bestfriend."