Party Fifty Four

A week later, Bea for the nth time tried her luck to talk to Jia.

"Bok, sige na." Pagmamakaawa niya sa kapatid ni Jia na ayaw siyang pagbuksan ng gate ng bahay nila.

"Go home, ate Bea and get lost."

"Bea, you better leave o ipapatawag namin ang security ng subdivision." Ate Jamie, Jia's sister said.

"Ano pa bang hindi mo maintindihan, ate Bea? My ate doesn't want to see any traces of you. Come on, give her the space and time she deserves." Jobok continues to shoo Bea away.

Bea looked at Jamie. "Ate.."

"Bea, please. Just respect what Jia wants." Sabi naman ng ate ni Jia.

Bea sighed. "I-i just want to talk to her before I leave the country."

The two siblings of Jia stopped and looked at Bea.

"Please." Bea continues to try her luck.

"Bok and Jamie, go inside." Ariel, Jia's father went out of their house.

Tinignan muna nila si Bea bago sinunod ang utos ng kanilang tatay.

"Bea."

"Tito."

This would be the first time that Jia's father will talk to Bea kaya naman bigla siyang kinabahan.

Bea was shocked when he opened the gate and let her in.

"T-thank you, tito."

He smiled and pat Bea's back. Sabay silang pumasok ng bahay. "Just don't force her to talk to you, Bea. She has.." He sighed.

"It has been really hard for her."

Bea looked at Ariel, sadly. "I-i'm sorry, tito. I know I promised not to hurt Jia pero.."

Ariel just nodded. "She's in her room upstairs."

Bea thanked Jia's father again before proceeding upstairs. Pagkarating niya sa tapat ng kwarto ni Jia, huminga muna siya ng malalim bago kumatok.

"Jia." She called.

She knocked once more but the person in the other side of the door stayed on her bed.

She closed her eyes. Mapakinggan lang ang boses ni Bea ay nasasaktan na siya.

A tear escaped on her eyes as she remembers what Bea and Jho had.

It hurts. So bad.

It is very devastating for her.

"Jia, I know that I am the least person you want to see right now.. I.."

"I am so sorry, Jia." Bea rested her head on Jia's door.

"Hindi mo deserve na masaktan and I feel so terrible right now, not just for hurting you but also because even when I knew that you are the least person to hurt, sinaktan pa rin kita."

Jia hears Bea's voice cracked. She sighed and sat on her bed. She continues to listen to Bea on the other side.

"But what I'm most sorry for is.. destroying the friendship that you truly protect, care off and have been and still is a very special relationship for you."

That made Jia feel a pang on her chest. She rested her face on her palm. She's having thoughts if she should open the door or not.

"I'm sorry, Jia. I'm really really sorry." Bea started to break down. Jia can hear Bea's sobs on the other side of the door.

Silence.

Bea's eyes were closed throughout until she lost hope.

Maybe she isn't ready yet. She sighed.