Chapter four: Forced friends

Betty's POV:

That's a really good question actually.. why did I save him? Probably because I don't want to be left alone on this world, but I can't just say that to him. He would think that I'm lying. After killing so many people, you'd think all I want to be, is alone. But that isn't true.. 'Hello?' Frisk looks at me. Did I take this long to find a good answer? 'We are all alone on this world Frisk, we probably aren't able to survive the zombie apocalypse on our own. You are the last person in the world I would want to work together with but guess what? You are the only option left.' I guess he fell for it because after answering his question, he seems to eat his food faster. Like I would poison it. If I had to kill him, I would do it myself, not by a stupid product made to kill rats or something. To be fair, Frisk kinda is a rat to me. A stupid agressive animal, but if I keep thinking of him like that we could never be next to eachother for too long before we would fight. Maybe a stupid human is a better term..

Frisk's POV:

She made a point, it might have taken her a while to react but how do you explain to your enemy that they need you and you need them? There probably isn't a good way to tell it, and as much as I despise working together with her, we indeed have no choice. And.. she made a nice meal, might be an offer of peace.. or just kindness. But Betty isn't kind so it's probably just the first option. She is done with eating her meal way earlier than me. After she stands up and goes upstairs I run to the kitchen to see a recipe book lying wide open. She didn't just throw stuff in and actually wanted to ensure the food tasted good? Weird.. maybe to get me of the thought that she could still kill me. As I walk upstairs and look into the room, I can see her sleeping there. If we didn't have such a long history together I could almost say it looked.. kinda cute. But knowing what she did, that's impossible to say about her. Leaving her alone is probably better for now. The stairs still creek heavily when im going down to go to the door but opening it results in me getting hit away by Akumu. Of course she is keeping a guard by the door. And he keeps hitting me in the same spot..

Betty's POV:

A loud bonk wakes me up, like I was allowed to sleep. It's a coincidence that we found this house because in the other houses, you could only sleep on a broken bed with gross spots. These beds seemed rather clean. The bonk came from what I expected, Frisk was trying to escape the house. Is he that scared of me? I guess I have the soul of fear but this is ridiculous! 'Frisk, I'm not letting you leave. I don't care if you hate me, we need eachother right now!' My words don't reach him, he charges at the door again but this time, Akumu just knocks him out. Time to put him in bed again I suppose. Akumu already brought him up the stairs for me and puts him in his bed. Finally I can sleep as well now. The soft feeling of the pillow makes me fall asleep in a few seconds, let's hope that tomorrow we can get along better.

Frisk's dream:

The world seems colourful, everyone is alive. Gaster, Papyrus, Undyne. They are all here. Today is a big day. Even though our project with the core got cancelled, Gaster still wanted to take me with him to look at something. But I have to wait for him to return, Payprus said he wanted to get flowers for the living room. Guess he likes some colour in his house after being alone in the void for so long. Even though we lost Sans, everyone seems kinda happy. But that's probably because we haven't seen Betty in a while. Asriel isn't happy. He feels so guilty about everything. Toriel and Asgore tried talking to him but he still can't take the guild. I guess it's my turn to cheer him up now. He already heard me come up the stairs because as soon as I stop in front of his door I can hear him yell at me. 'Go away!' Sadly I can only respond with a weak sentence. 'Asriel.. are you ok?' He doesn't respond. After a bit of silence a alarm goes off. Is it the alarm from the core? Before I know it Asriel opens the door and looks at me. 'The core will explode, and I'm not letting another one of my friends die!' I can't say anything to that anymore. He pushes me in his closet and throws everything that is soft and protecting over me. After locking the closet he runs away. I can't escape and all my attempts are tiring me out. The stuff Asriel gave me seems so soft.. maybe I could go.. for a nap..