24th July, 2011 Part 2

Willows PoV:

We were running, running away from imprisonment, torture, and captivity. We were running to freedom, freedom I have since forgotton from being prisoner for so long, even though it was barley even a week.

We only had to get through the forrest behind the facility to the railroads and we were relativly safe. We were currently running through the underbrush in this maze of a forrest.

"We're nearly there" Faísca panted jumping over a tree root. I nodded trying to control my breathing as we ran. We could barly catch the sounds of people shouting and running behind us, but the noises were quite a ways behind us. We had a reasonable lead on them.

"We should get to the tracks in about an hour" Faísca stated as she glanced at her watch while skirting a log. 

"What are we going to do when we get there?" I asked her as I dodged the same log.

She looked back over her shoulder with a grin.

"We're going to catch a train" She rolled her eyes. "That's usually what people do when they say they're going to train tracks"

I laughed as we jumped over a small creek. 

"And where is this train going to take us?" I asked almost slipping on the bank of the stream.

Faísca looked grimmly at me, "We are going to The Light"

I nodded "Right so we're running from The Darkness, and going to The Light?"

Faísca nodded "I know it sounds weird, but that's what happening"

"How much longer do you think we're going to be in this damned forrest?" I asked as I nearly broke my neck tripping over a rock.

Faísca stopped running to help me up. 

"Realy?" She asked looking at me incredulously.

"What? I don't have a watch!" I said irritably.

"No I mean of all the things to trip over you trip over a fist sized rock?!" She was grinning and barely holding back her laughter.

I rolled my eyes. "Not funny, now how much longer?" I asked swatting her arm.

I had only known her for two days, but I already felt as if I had known Faísca forever.

Faísca grinned checking her watch. "About half an hour" She started jogging again as we heard a particularly loud yell coming from behind us. 

We took offtrying to use our powers to go faster.

After four more creeks, seven rocks, nine tree roots, and fourteen logs later we had reached the outskirts of the trees. I doubled over my hands on my knees as I tried to catch my breath. I looked up to see an expanse of golden grassy fields.

Faísca patted my back, "We're almost there" She was panting herself though not as much as me.

I nodded gulping the air down my throat. 

Faísca pulled me up and we jogged along the edge of the forrest to the left of where we exited from. A while later the forrest ended and we were on a small trail through the golden fields.

We jogged slowly along the trail every now and then one of us would stop for a breather.

"We almost there?" I panted stopping for what seemed like the billionth time.

Faísca smiled understandingly as she rubbed my back, "Yes just" She squinted up the trail. "About fifteen more minutes"

I nodded slowly standing up and stepping forward shakily, Faísca grabbed my arm as I nearly fell over.

I groaned closing my eyes as stars danced in front of them.

"Here I'll carry you" Faísca said moving infront of me and crouching down. "Get on my back"

I was so dizzy I complied not realizing the risk, this would slow us down considerably.

Faísca hooked her arms under my legs and stood taking off at a run faster than what we were traveling at before. I gasped not expecting that kind of speed.

Faísca laughed, "One of my abilities is speed, and its easy to carry you because your not that heavy"

I grinned enjoying the sensation of the speed blowing my hair around my face.

Soon we were at the train tracks and Faísca was setting me down on my feet. I swayed a little on my feet, Faísca grabbed my arm to steady me.

"We're here" She whispered. I knew why she was whispering, the tracks were deserted and looked very ghosty and haunted. 

"Now what?" I whispered back.

Faísca looked at me.

"Now we wait"