24th July, 2011 Part 3

Willow had fallen asleep after an hour of waiting for a train, Faísca was sitting beside her wide awake staring down the tracks thinking. Faísca knew that Willow was her sister, Willow also knew, but Willow didn't know how, or why they were sisters. Faísca was worried Willow thought their parents didn't love her and how wrong she was, they loved her too much. Since they tried to save her and they only made it worse by giving her to their Grandma.

Faísca sighed as she leaned back against the tree, she closed her eyes for a minute thinking about how her life took a turn for the best when Willow got captured. She was jerked from her dosing at the sound of a train whistle, she quickly shook Willow awake and got to her feet unconsciously putting a hand out for Willow to help her stand.

"The train is here" Faísca said moving to stand a yard away from the tracks.

"It's not going to stop completely, but it will slow down to a speed that will make it easier to get aboard" Faísca grabbed Willow's wrist and looked her dead in the eye.

"We cannot afford to take the next train tomorrow morning; we cannot stay the night here" Faísca said with urgency, she let go of Willow's arm and turned to look down the track Willow could just make out the vague image of a train appearing through the fog.

"Ready?" Faísca asked turning to look at her sister.

"Ready." Willow confirmed looking grim as she faced the train.

They only had a few seconds to ready themselves before the train was upon them.

"Let me go first!" Faísca shouted over the noise of the train engine.

She started to run alongside the train waiting for the door to be level with her, she grabbed the handle next to the opening and swung her self aboard.

Willow started to run, aiming for the next opening. She waited for the handle to be level with her shoulders before grabbing it and swing falling into the compartment. Her shoulders smacked the wall opposite the door and her head landed in someone's lap.

She looked up into a face she new like the back of her hand.

"Conner" she whispered. Not believing her eyes.

"Yes" He smiled, looking at her like she was the only thing that had ever mattered to him.

"How did you get here?" Willow asked raising her hand to brush his face to make sure he was real.

"I caught the train in Detroit when I got your message" He smiled down at her.

Willow sat up confused, "I never sent a message" she said suspiciously.

Shock crossed over Conner's features.

"If you didn't then who did?" He asked. 

"I've no idea" Willow frowned she didn't think The Darkness knew about Conner.

"Do you have the message?" She asked him, moving to a more comfortable sitting position against the train wall.

Connor nodded pulling a crumpled piece of yellowed paper from his pocket.

He handed it to Willow letting his head fall back as he closed his eyes to let her read it.

Conner,

I am being held by The Darkness in their facility in Battle Creek.

I am going to try to escape in three days, that should be enough time for you to get on the train out of Detroit.

If you get on the train at 4:15am I will see you in Battle Creek.

~Willow

Willow nudged Conner an shook her head.

"This wasn't me, I didn't write this"

"Then who was it?" Connor asked looking at her worriedly as the door connecting their compartment to the rest of the train slid open.

"It was me" The figure in the door came and sat beside them, Willow looked up to see the face of her sister.