Chapter 58

Destery's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We all left the building when it hit 11 pm and homecoming was over. Me, Emily, Lisa, Shane, Marzia and Felix stood here waiting for our rides. Emily called her mom and said she was staying the might at my house tonight and her mom said okay so now we need my mom to pick me up. When my mom shows up she has a smile on her face. "How was homecoming?" She asks. I give her a thumbs up and get on the car. Emily gets in on the other side. When she leaves she compliments the shit out of Emily. Saying she looks beautiful that her hair looks nice and that she likes her shoes and tons of compliments after. We made it to the house and luckily Emily still had some pajamas over so she doesn't have to wear that dress.

"I'm tired as fuck." Emily says and I agree. Wet both get changed and we're both sitting in the restroom as she takes her makeup off in underwear and bra. I have to day she looks somewhat skinnier than the last time I saw her. I poke her butt and she swats my hand away. "Stop I'm trying to brush my freaking teeth." She says laughing. "So, how do you feel not having hair in your face she asks me smiling.

"I must say it feels pretty weird. But I'll get used to it." I say. She is finished wrong of her makeup and gets in the shower. "Yeah, clean that sexy dirty ass up." I say and she cracks up. "Hey Emily? What kind of food do astronauts eat?" I ask her. I'm so bored so only crappy jokes would help. When she says what I start to snicker. "Launch food Ah!" I say adding a long scream at the end as if it was funny. She starts laughing hysterically.

"That joke was so bad what was that scream though?" She asks still laughing. After that she starts mocking my random scream and I also laugh. The joke wasn't what made her laugh it was the scream at the end. She then gets done with her shower and dries her hair in fresh new underwear and bra. She randomly starts laughing. That means she thought of something funny. "Destery, what would you do if I was suicidal?" That came out of giving no where. "I don't mean it like that. I'm not suicidal or anything I'd never kill myself. But what if I was? What would you say to change my mind?" She asks. I've never thought of something like that.

"I don't know." I answer honestly. "I'd be pretty heartbroken to know that you'd want to kill yourself and I'd remind you everyday how much you mean to me." I add. "And Shane, Lisa, Kalel, Burke, Dan, Phil, your mom, dad, my mom, that Karleigh girl, the twins, and Nathan." I list all of the people who'd miss her. Even Nathan. "Ever since all of this happened. Have you ever self harmed." I ask her. She pulls out a straightener and plugs it on. She hesitates which means she did. I sigh. "Did you do it when we were broken up?" I ask and she hesitates before nodding yes.

I let out a huge sigh. "I'm sorry." She says. "At the time I wasn't thinking and I was stupid and let those idiots get a good grip of me. I didn't know what else to do. I didn't really tell anybody cause I didn't know who to trust. I have trust issues and I don't know who I can trust so I keep out locked inside. I'm just tired of being insulted all the time." She says looking down. "I'm sorry babe. I should've came to you. I'm so fucking sorry." She says. 

Emily's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Destery catching me in that lie was the downfall of this crazy adventurous night at homecoming. "I hope you don't really hate me for it." I say. He gets up and wraps his arms around behind me. After pushing my frizzy mess of hair away he kisses my cheek and rests his chin on my head. I'm pretty sure he's suffocating in my fuzz ball of hair. 

"I'll never hate you. I'm pissed that you'd do that to yourself but I'll never hate you." He says. "Now straighten your hair I'm dying in this frizz." He adds and I laugh. I turn the straightner back on and wait until it heats up I put the frizz in a pony tail and part it in the back and I straighten my hair out. "Why do you always keep things locked up so much? I wanna be there for you, I know Dan and Phil want to be there for you, Lisa and the other girls want to be there for you. I can list many more people but I know those people care the most." Destery says.

I know they care about me, I know they do. But I always think that they don't really care to listen to my problems. "I know they care. And I'll try to tell you everything. If I don't, then you have the right to slap my ass." I tell him smiling and he smiles back. I kept straightening my hair and we talked about the dance until my hair was straightened.

"You look like you got skinnier." He says.

"Really? Cause I've been running lately and I've been skipping lunch because all the food is really greasy and I've been eating healthier. I decided I was tired of people insulting my weight and I decided to do something about it." I tell him with a smile and he smiles too. "I'm not gonna go through another mental illness just to lose weight." I say throwing up my flabby "guns". He laughs. It's true what I'm saying cause before school I walk around the school about 5 times and by the time I'm done everybody's walking in the building to go inside. I still can't stand walking with this cast on my ankle. The doctor was supposed to set up an appointment to get this thing off but he hasn't called yet so I don't know. My phone vibrates and it's a text from Emily Burke.

"Hey Em, do you and Des wanna hang out tomorrow with me and Connor?" She asks. I reply with a yes and put my phone on the charger. 

"Des, Emily and Connor wanna hang out tomorrow." I tell him. He looks at me and nods then down at his phone. We both walked into his room and cuddled while he watched me try to beat Ocarina of time.