Chapter 29

Emily's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me and Des wake up at the same time. We both always sleep together. When we both wake up we go downstairs and our food is ready on the table. His mom sits across from us reading her newspaper sipping on her coffee. I don't believe  what I'm thinking but I miss my own parents. I should drop by and see how everything is. "Hey Destery. I'm gonna go back home for a while to see how everybody is doing." I tell him.

"That's great. I was wondering when your parents would worry about you. If Destery or any of the girls were gone that long I'd be worried sick." His mom says and he nods his head. "Just eat your breakfast first and you can go whenever." She adds and I nod my head taking a bite out of my sausage. Me and Destery talk about random shit until I get done with my food. I get up and put my plate in the dish washer. I go upstairs to change out of my pj's and into some clothes and walk out the door after putting on my shoes and grab my purse. "Bye Emily." His mom says.

"By guys." I say before heading out the door. When I climp into my car I can see Destery peaking from his window. I wave hi and he does the same before I drive out of his driveway and towards my house. The drive back was quiet so I turned on the radio and heard some random talk show with two british dudes. I pull up my drive way when they play some random song by 5 minutes of summer. I think that's what they're called. When I walk inside my mom is walking around the house cleaning up. "Hi Mom. Long time no see." I tell her. When she see's me she stops what she's doing and gives me a big hug. 

"Hi Emily! I missed you so much. I was beginning to worry where you were." My mom says sitting on the old floral couch. "Okay, you know that I have no phone or any way to contact you. And you know your father would never let anybody touch his phone. But I wanted to tell you something very exciting." She says with a huge smile.

"What is it?" I ask her.

"Well." She starts off. She stands up and lifts her shirt revealing her swollen belly. "I'm pregnant!" She yells and my dad walks down the stairs. My eyes are wide. She's pregnant? I did not expect that one bit. "I finally told her." She tells my dad. I smile at him and he walks into the kitchen ignoring me. Well fuck you too then damn, I'm trying to be nice, the fuck? "Anyways, I'm already two months. I wanted to tell you but I couldn't contact you." My mom says.

"Really? That's awesome. Congrats. I'm sorry I haven't been around to tell you, I've been at my friend's house. I also got some good news." I tell her. "It's not as good as yours but finally me and Tyler broke up!" I tell her and she sighs in relief. 

"Oh, that's good. I never liked him anyways." My mom says smiling. "So, how long are you staying here?" She asks.

"I'm gonna stay the night here. Cause I miss my family. But for now I'm just gonna walk around the neighborhood." I say standing up. She nods and I walk out the door and walk down the street. As I'm walking I pass by my old friend Alyssa's house. I keep walking. I see my friend Karleigh sitting on her porch. "Hey Karleigh!" I call her and she looks up, smiles, and runs over to me.

"Hey girl it's been a while. I was about to call you actually, My parents are gone for the week so I'm having a party here tonight! It's gonna be awesome. Don't worry there won't be any drugs there it's totally safe." She says. Now that I think about it I haven't been hanging out with my friends like I should've. Most of my summer was spent on Destery and his crazy life. Along with my crazy ex boyfriend. "You can bring Tyler if you want I didn't really invite him though." She says.

"Okay I'll go. But I broke up with Tyler. I have a new boyfriend now." I tell her and we walk over to her porch and we both sit down. "I'm dating Destery Smith now." I tell her and her mouth falls open. "But don't worry. I'm not bringing him to the party. So you can close that mouth of yours. 

"Oh, I guess you like him so I'm not gonna say anything. The party is tonight at 9. People usually come around 10 so it doesn't really matter which time you come." She says. 

Destery's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Emily left I had nothing to do so I called up Nathan and he's on his way. Until then I'm on my couch playing with the ends of my hair. I really should cut it soon. It's super long. A knock on my door shakes me and I get up to answer the door and Nathan is here, I'm not surprised when his hair goes from black to silver. He dyes it so much I'm used to it. "Again?" I ask him and he smiles. 

"Yeah dude, you know having black hair is too boring for Nathan." He says and I look at my black hair. "Yeah, well you're boring." He says walking up to my room. "Finally got rid of Emily?" He asks smiling. 

"No, she's just visiting her mom. She's gonna be back tonight." I tell him. "Why do you hate Emily so much?" I ask him.

"Because, she was always in the in crowd. Everybody loved her and she was an innocent yet evil bitch. Always has been, but she's been nice lately and I can't say I hate her completely." Nate says. 

"She's not a bitch, she's no where near being a bitch. Just because Tyler is a dick doesn't mean she is. She has always been nice to me and everybody around her so shut the fuck up. You don't know anything about her." I snap at him.

"I know that if he asked she would take Tyler back anyday. She's one of the 'cool kids'. I'm pretty sure she's still dating that Tyler guy. I'm sure she's over at his house right now talking about how gullible you are falling for someone like her." He snaps back.

"Dude, why the fuck are you here if you're gonna mention Emily. You might as well leave if you're gonna just talk about her. No, you don't know anything about her because she's gone through a fucked up life and doesn't need your judgement." I tell him.

"Sorry dude. I didn't mean to upset you. Let's forget about it." He says and I calm down a bit. "What happened? What happened to bro's before hoes?" He calmly asks.

"That's the thing Nathan. She isn't a 'hoe'." I say using air quotes. "That is my girlfriend. And I would kindly like it if you stop insulting her like that." I tell him and he nods his head.

"Okay." He says.

Emily's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When me and Karleigh pick out our dresses we hear a knock on the door. I go into the mirror to fix my makeup and my dress. I'm wearing a black and purple stripped dress that shows a lot of my cleavage and just below my ass. When she answers the door I hear a lot of people talking. Karleigh turns on the music and she comes upstairs. "You look hot!" She says and I smile. I have a lot of eyeliner on and I'm pretty sure I look like a damn racoon. We both go downstairs and already I can smell the booze. Oh God. I'm not surprised that there is alcohol in this party. She said no drugs so I hope not. I'm offered a red cup. I look inside and it's pinkish. It's not beer so I accept it. I really hope it's one of those drinks with like 2% alcohol only. 

I take a sip and it tastes sweet and sour. Kinda like cherry lime. It doesn't taste strong or anything so I'm glad. I keep sipping and walk away.