Day 14: Find Your Smile

Friday September 8th, 2017

This is a story about happiness and let's be completely realistic, that isn't always the case. But there can happiness found in days that start of like a rain storm.

This week has been completely chaotic. Paper due, labs, and never mind running from one end of the cam put to the other for my classes. I am lucky that the only peace I have managed to find this week is with Cade. He always manages to put a smile on my face and cheer me right up.  But unfortunately for me I can't take him to my classes or home with me.

So basically Friday (today) was a war against the world. I left home late after having to chase Earl Grey through the common area when he escaped. When I finally made it to my 1st class Jilly had saved me a seat, but only to be told by the professor that I was too late to be coming in. Basically he made an example of me. Jilly shrugged as if to say, sorry and then made the the motions with her fingers as to text her. I nodded. OKAY!

So instead of just heading to my next class I figured it was time to go to get a coffee. Coffee makes everything better. Except maybe not today.

Realizing that my phone was dead I wasn't able to text Jilly. I figured I would just meet her at our next class,  so I just headed in that direction.

Here is the thing though, I got there and there was not a single soul around. So of course I panicked and didn't know what to do. It wasn't like I could call anyone either. Only option was to go home and charge my phone.

Great start to the day. I basically missed 2 of my classes and almost lost my cat.

Jumping into the car and  was headed home, when my car started making these funky sounds and like almost choking when I put my foot on the gas. And then it was done. Not making any sounds at all. My car had just like that died on me. Not before I could manage to pull off the road into a parking lot. I turned the ignition into off and then tried again. Just this clicking sound. Cause I haven't already had a trying day, this has to happen too.

'UGH!' Like what on earth am I gonna do.

I am too far from the campus or home to walk. I don't even know the bus route and I can't look it up as I don't have my phone.

I scream again.

So you know what I did, I had a really good cry. I cried my little heart out. Full on epic ugly face cry.

And as I was sitting there balling my face off there was a knock on the window. Let me tell you, it scared the life out of me and screamed at the top of my lungs. So I basically went from a hysterical diva to a scream queen in a moment of seconds.

It was Garret. Oh thanks goodness.

I hope out of the car.

'How did you know it was me? It won't start and my morning could not have been any worse until this moment.'

He must of seen the tears in my eyes cause he just engulfed me into a hug and we stood there for a couple of mins.

He finally let go and I felt like I was going to fall, cause it was like the comfort from his hug was what was holding me together. He stepped back and told me to pop the hood.

Doing what he asked, he then handed me his phone and told me to call who I needed too. It was Lucy 1st. Yes likely not the wisest choice but I dont know Lacey or Ty's number off hand and she would know where to get it towed too, even how to tow it. Never really had to do something like  this before.

I go and stand over by Garret as he is inspecting the engine, and he looks over at me as we can both clearly here my mother loosing her banana's on the phone. She isn't mad, just worried and she can't do anything so far away.