Chapter 5

Y/N POV

I'm not weak...

  “Y/N! Go!” I hear Jimin yell at the top of his lungs, while Jungkook lunged himself towards me. I quickly dodged his body and kicked him in the back when he passed me. He fell over and stayed on the ground for a second, so I used that time to kick him again, but right as I was about to kick him he grabbed my ankle and pulled it, making me fall backwards and hit my head. I let out a groan, folding my hands on top of each other where my head hit the floor. Jungkook quickly got up and grabbed my arm, lifting me up like I'm just a little toy to him that weighs nothing, and slams me back to the ground. My body letting out a loud thud when I hit the floor. He still had his grip on my arm, squeezing tightly on my skin. Right then, I kicked my foot right into his crotch, bringing him down very quickly. He curled up in a ball with his hands on his crotch in pain. I smirked, finally getting the chance to actually do something to him. I kicked him hard in the face, seeing blood gush from his nose. I kicked him once again, busting his lip open. I'm not giving him mercy, not a chance.

    Jungkook then grabbed my arm, pulling down to him and slamming my body to the ground again. He quickly punches me, making my nose bleed as well. Blood gushing down my chin and dripping onto my clothes. I try to get up from the floor, but Jungkook lunged his fist into my chest, knocking the wind out of me. I couldn't breath for 5 seconds, but as I finally take my first breath of air, Jungkook lunges his fist into my chest again.

    As he backed away to do his action again, I throw my foot at his throat, kicking him back. I quickly got up and threw my body on Jungkook, making him fall over while I'm on top of him. I pull my arm back, getting ready for a punch, looking into his eyes as I do so. I throw my fist onto his face, punching him. I repeated it over and over and over.

  I started to feel like I could beat Jungkook. He's clearly the biggest guy here, and if I'm doing this much damage to him, I could possibly beat the others. But in reality, not everyone is the same. Jungkook could be going easy on me and beat the hell out of me.

     Does everybody think I'm weak? Am I weak? I thought, punching Jungkook one last time before he actually starts to show movement.

   He grabbed arm my, pushing me off him but not letting go of my arm. I try to fight him off me, scratching his hand and punching his stomach, but he didn't seem to budge. Get stood up, holding my arm tightly. I expected him to slam me into the ground again, but he did much worse. He pulled me up from the ground and threw me right off stage and into the crowd. Luckily, the people moved out of the way so I don't hurt anyone.

    I could hear the crowd gasp and their looks, their eyes filled with fear. I slid against the dirt and rocks, scratching my body everywhere. I quickly get up though, looking in the crowd, then back at Jungkook. But I feel a certain pair of eyes fixated on me. I turn around to see Jimin. His glossy eyes stared at me, making me want to run and huge him. Then, I feel a sudden pain in my stomach, Jungkook launched his fist to my stomach, throwing me back deeper into the crowd. Now, I'm on the ground in from of Jimin while my nose gushed with blood and being beaten by a boy from District 3.

    I cough hard many times before Jungkook grabbed my hair and slams my head into the dirt, my head facing Jimin and the others. My mom and brother watching in horror, same to Jimin and his friends. I scream out while Jungkook gets on my back and holds my arm to my back, streaching my shoulder. I could feel shoulder throbbing in pain as I lift my body to get away from Jungkook, but there's no chance. I can't get away, I can't run away now. I'm stuck here, I'm not as weak as everyone thinks I am, but it's clear. It's portrayed right in front of hundreds of people. I am weak, and I can't help it. I thought, as I could hear Jungkook breathing reach down to my ear.

     “I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.” He said, bringing my arm more back. I could practically imagine my shoulder snapping. I could already feel the pain of the event that gonna happen, imagining the bones disconnect. I scream out again, the pain pounding threw my shoulder even harder as Jungkook pulls my arm back more. But then, I get this idea.

    I lift my other arm and elbow him in the rips, as hard as I could possibly do. I'm sorry Jungkook, I'm not gonna be one of your chess pieces in a chess game. I'm not gonna let you knock every piece down till the game is over. If fact, I think I just checkmated your a**.

    I slam my elbow into his rips again, throwing him off me. He let go of my arm, freeing most of the pain from my shoulder. Instead of getting up, I pulled Jungkook into a headlock. I wrapped my legs around his torso and held my arms around his neck, squeezing my arms tighter, making it impossible to breath. I learned this is training in the same week as Yoongi and I, you know, kissed.

    Jungkook tried to pull me off him, but I had his head locked in place. If he moved his head anymore than he can, there's a possible chance I could break his neck so easily, but I'm not sure if we could do that much damage to the tributes, I mean, our president still needs a good show.

   Blood still gushing from our noses, we both sat there. Him trying to gasp for air as I hold him tight while my arm is around his neck. I squeeze tighter, watching his face turn red and pale for the lack of oxygen. I smirked, bringing my mouth towards his ear.

    “Checkmate.” I whisper into his ear as I hear a loud cannon. I quickly let go of his neck, watching him gasp for air and take deep heavy breaths. Did I just beat him? I asked myself. I wipe the blood from my face off, only to smear it across my cheek. I look at Jimin, staring into his glossy eyes. I smile as I hear the crowd cheer loudly.

    I stood up and walked back to the stage as Jungkook stumbles up on his feet. I pull myself up on the stage, blood dripping onto the stage. I wipe the blood again, smearing it more.

  “Congratulations to our winner!” The announcer yelled into the microphone. The crowd cheered even louder. I smile, looking at my brother's face. I could see that he's proud of me, in a way. I look back to see the other tributes in shock that I just beat the biggest tribute here. Then, my eyes meet Yoongi's. I could see his relief in his eyes, I proved him wrong. I'm not weak, and I'm sure I did the same to Jimin. Seems like training payed off.

   I look back into the crowd, searching for Jimin, but he wasn't there. I felt something deep into my stomach while Looking for Jimin in the crowd. Where could he have gone? I thought, as the announcer put her hand on my back, handing me a tissue to clean up my blood.

     She leads me back to my seat next to Yoongi. My shoulder was still in pain from Jungkook pulling my arm back. I watched as Jungkook stumbled onto the stage in complete embarrassment and prideless. I felt bad. I mean, if I were a guy getting beat up by a tiny girl, I would lose my confidence in fighting anyone. He sat back down in his seat next to this girl. From whom I'm guessing is his District partner. I hear the announcer clear her throat into the microphone, waiting for people to lower their voices.

  "That was excellent! Now, on to our next fight!” The announcer said while she dug her hand into the bowl of names. I start to feel worried, because there is a chance that could be me again. I can't fight again. I almost got my shoulder snapped! I can't go through that pain again! I thought as she unraveled the piece of paper once she picked one out.

     “Kim-Nam-Joon. Could Kim-Nam-Joon step up?” A boy with sharp little eyes stood up. He has nowhere as much muscle as Jungkook, but he sure does look like he has the brains to do something. The announcer dug her hand into the bowl again. Moving the pieces of paper around and around till she picked one and brought it out of the bowl. I sighed out of relief, listening to the name.

   “Kim-Seok-Jin. Could Kim-Seok-Jin please walk up?” A boy with broad shoulders stood up. He looked tough. His thick lips, broad shoulders, and deep brown eyes make him intimidating. He walks up to the other side of the announcer and stands there proudly. The announcer takes a few steps back and watching the two boys grab hands. Then, they both take a few steps back, waiting for the announcer to say go.

   “You may start!” The announcer yelled as I see Jin ram his fist straight into Namjoon's face. My eyes widen while I witness this, he's tough. But wait, where have I heard his name before? Kim-Seok-Jin? Oh, that's right. He's the grandson of the president.