03

THREE: "FOR THE CAKE"

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, best friend?" Sasha slurs when I finally find her. I take a glimpse at the company she's found for herself and immediately grab her arm, pulling her away. "Hey, that's not very nice," she says, wagging her finger in my face. "I'll have you know that I think I just found my new best friends!"

"Oh yeah," I ask, not looking back to see her face, "tell me one of their names and I'll let you walk back over to them right now," I challenge, pulling my friend to a secluded corner in the back of the house, near the lounge.

Sasha's face drops.

"Exactly," I smirk, meeting her drooping blue eyes. "You look like you're going to pass out any second, babe," I chuckle as I watch Sasha lean on the wall beside me in exhaustion.

"What?" She says in a high pitched voice, extending the 'a' longer than necessary. I give her a pointed look, and the girl gives in with a nod.

"Maybe we should leave," I suggest. Sasha looks like she wants to argue, but after almost losing her balance while still leaning on the wall, she agrees.

"Leaving so soon?" Blake asks, walking towards the two of us. "The party only just started."

I give him a guilty smile and point to my drunk best friend, "I think Sasha may explode if I don't get her to a bed, I'm sorry," I apologize, heaving the blonde girl a little up so I can support her properly.

"I'm sure the boys won't mind if we put her in one of the spare rooms," Blake says. I look at Sasha one more time, biting my lip in contemplation.

"I don't know..." I trail off.

"Come on, Madeleine," he encourages. "We haven't even cut Brad's cake yet." My head shoots up and Blake chuckles. "I see I've intrigued you," he says, holding back another laugh.

I roll my eyes but nod my head anyways. Blake cheers. "But," I cut him off - he looks like he's the kind of person that goes all out with their celebratory dances - "I'm doing this for you, okay!"

"And the cake?" Blake asks with a raised eyebrow.

"And the cake," I mutter.

"There you go," Blake heaves as he lays Sasha down on the bed upstairs. I stand by the door with a worried look on my face. The idea of leaving my best friend unconscious upstairs in a house she's never been to before doesn't sound too appealing now.

"Will she be alright?" I ask as Blake closes the bedroom door behind him.

"She should be, yeah," he says, leading me through the crowd of people that found their way upstairs. "You two are really close, aren't you?" He asks, turning his head to look at me.