10

TEN: "DON'T DO IT, BITCH"

"DON'T DO IT," I warn, staring Blake right in the eyes. He stares back, not daring to blink, all the while holding the garlic bread over his head, ready to throw.

The two of us were currently seated at a table in the restaurant in the lobby. Neither of us had seen my mom since she made her dramatic exit out of the elevator, and I don't know about Blake, but I am extremely relieved.

The both of us ordered without any trouble. The chef, Jeff, already claimed the food was on the house and that he would even make anything that the two of us wanted. Blake took advantage of that opportunity and asked if he could get some Chinese food.

Jeff and I shared a strange look, but the chef eventually nodded hesitantly and walked off after taking my (very much normal) order.

"Chinese food?" I blurt out, unable to contain my laughter. Blake glares at me and nods his head.

"He said we could have anything we wanted!" He defends, his accent loud and clear, throwing his arms up for dramatic effect. I shake my head but say nothing more; he technically was right. Blake notices my lack of retaliation and humphs in delight. "See? I'm right," he smirks.

That's when I decide to throw a roll of bread at him.

That's also when our food decided to come out.

Blake is quick to snatch a piece of my garlic bread after the initial shock of a slab of carbs hitting him square in the nose wore off.

"You wanna play it that way, do ya?" He asks rhetorically, clicking his tongue on the roof of his mouth at the end of his sentence.

"Not really," I reply somewhat unsurely. Blake rolls his eyes and holds the slice of garlic bread over his head, ready to throw.

"Don't do it," I warn, wagging my finger in his direction. He fixes his eyes on me. "Don't do it, bitch."

He did it.

I gasp. "You bitch," I growl, and pick up another roll of bread, not even thinking before I throw it. Somehow, he catches it this time, but that only aggravates me more. I quickly snatch the bowl of bread at the middle of the table before Blake could. He scoffs at my move, but keeps his confident demeanour up and steady.

That's how we got into a food fight.

And how we got kicked out of my mom's building.

"That was so much fun," I laugh as the both of us try to catch our footing on the pavement. Blake chuckles in agreement, looking down at me with a smile on his face.

I smile back, admiring the way the setting sun shone down on him just the right way.

I shake that thought out of my head and ignore the giddy feeling in my stomach.

"Sorry we got kicked out, by the way," Blake apologizes as we start our walk back to my apartment.

I shrug nonchalantly, "Won't be the first time that happened and definitely won't be the last," I say. Blake sends be a weird look, so I add, "It's a long story." He nods in understanding but chuckles anyway.

I smile to myself as we continue walking. It felt nice; to be alone with him. No annoying band mates or best friends. Just me and the love of my life-

I want to groan out loud, but I know that will only spur up some confusion.

Stop it, Madeleine, a voice inside me scolds. It's just a crush.

I feel my heart drop a little at that thought. It was only a crush. There's no way in hell I'd ever be able to tell him how I actually feel. What if he laughs in my face? What if he thinks I'm a weirdo?

What if he likes you back? A voice says in my head. I almost want to call out and ask if that was Sasha speaking.

Crap.

(note!)

lol sorry this is shit it's my bday and i just wanted to get something out there

also im finally 15 and im so pumpeddddddd bring on the wiseness

also quick questions: would any of you be interested in a Daniel Seavey book next?