08

EIGHT: "CONNOR SUCKS AT FINDING PEOPLE"

"OH, FOR FUCK'S SAKE," I mutter in annoyance, ducking underneath my bed, desperately looking for a place to hide. I groan, noticing the mountains upon mountains of fabrics that laid there. I make a mental note to clean all this up when I get the chance.

I hear the bounding of Connor's footsteps from behind my closed bedroom door and start panicking. I bite my lip as I rise from my crouched position.

I search around my full and messy room, trying to think of a place I could hide before Connor thinks to look in here for me, which won't be in too long.

"Aha!" I hear from outside, slightly muffled by my door. "Got you!" Connor cheers. A groan follows.

It was probably Tristan. A man at that height has no chance in Hide-And-Seek.

I can hear Connor's footsteps getting closer and closer, so I make the split-second decision to jump into my closet before he comes in here to look for me. No one will be able to find me in there.

I hear my bedroom door swing open and I silently pray as I slowly shut the closet door behind me.

Connor makes a 'humph' sound at seeing my empty room and leaves again. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

I look around my closet, searching for a place to get comfortable, because I will, no doubt, be here for a while. Connor wasn't the best at finding people. I almost want to explode at the mess I created for myself. Clothes, shoes, makeup, scrap paper; you name it, it's probably here.

I crouch down to pick up some of my crap, scooping up a big pile of clothes, that, I, in my defense, didn't throw there. I recognize these from a few nights ago. These were the clothes that Sasha deemed "unworthy."

My eyes widen at the thought of clothes.

I take my phone out of my back pocket and turn it on, double-checking that today was Monday. I sigh in relief. I still had two more days before lunch with my mom. "That's going to be fun," I whisper to myself, biting my thumb nail anxiously.

I haven't told her whether I was going to design the fall line or not. It's an amazing opportunity, it really is. The chance to create your own fashion line at the age of eighteen is a huge deal. And I want to say yes, I really do. But the possibility that no one will like my designs are high, and of course, there's going to be some kind of uproar. There are hundreds of people working for my mom that are going to think that she's showing me special treatment.