04

FOUR: "DRUNK KISSES, APPARENTLY"

"WHAT THE FUCK," I mutter as I slowly come to my senses. I look around the dark room, confused as to where the hell I am. Groaning, I pull myself up from the bed, but flop down immediately after thanks to the pounding in my head. "Where am I?" I ask, not expecting anyone to answer me.

"My place," someone replies, opening the bedroom door. I duck under the covers, trying to avoid the light creeping in to the room.

Brad laughs.

"Hey," I greet, smiling weakly. I grimace as the thudding of my headache becomes more prominent, but smile in thanks when the boy hands me over an ibuprofen tablet and a glass of water. "Thank you for letting me stay here," I say, sitting up in bed more so Brad could sit down.

"It's no problem," he says. "Besides, you were way too drunk to even function. There was no way I'd let you into a taxi with an unconscious friend."

I smile in appreciation. It means a lot that the boy I haven't seen in three years cares that much. "Wait," I frown, "how drunk was I, exactly?" I ask carefully, scared of the answer I was going to get.

Brad looks amused, as if he was waiting for me to ask that question. "Well," he says, trying to stifle his laughter. "You started a burping contest," he started. I wince, despite remembering that part. "We had cake and after that, and uh, you did quite a bit of table dancing," the boy stops to laugh at my petrified face, then add reassuringly, "don't worry it wasn't bad, it was quite funny actually."

"Is there anything I need to know that I may have to apologize for?" I ask, hoping my curly-haired friend will shake his head and let me wallow in self-pity.

"Well, you did kiss someone. But I don't think that's too big of a deal; you were both drunk and I'm quite sure he enjoyed it," Brad said, his words getting slower and slower the more appalled my face got.

"Who did I kiss?" I ask even though I knew the answer deep down.

"Before I tell you, just know that he didn't remember either and that the boys are telling him right now. I'm sure he-"

"Who was it, Simpson?" I ask, cutting off his attempt of 'reassurance'.

"It was kind of Blake."

"I'm so so so so so so so sorry," I say as I walk down the stairs. I kind of just up and left after Brad told me who I kissed, even though that may have been a weird thing to do.