𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻: 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜 "𝚂𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛" 𝚁𝚎𝚍𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍

15th October 1996:

"That was very satisfactory, (y/n)" Gee, Wesker sure knows how to compliment someone, "let's try some other weapons, shall we?"

Brad hands me his handgun straight from the holster and I take it hesitantly. Am I just supposed to shoot again? I nod at brad and aim again, sticking the tip of my tongue out. That's always been able to help me concentrate.

Ok, I hope I'm on point — I think I am.

*BANG*

Looks like I've managed to bring my A game today. A nice, clean headshot.

*BANG*

Right in the heart.

*BANG*

Just put one in the kneecap in case. Not that the victim would be alive by now but it's extra practice. I turn around and put a hand up. It's silent so I'm guessing Wesker doesn't expect me to finish yet.

There's a board with knives by a counter so I automatically go and pick three up. I always was good with knives. Flipping the knife in my hand, I used to the feel of the hard, scratched handle and nod to myself. Knives can drop down early if you throw them too high or low so I need to angle my hand a certain way. Because I feel confident in my throwing skills, there's no need to stick my tongue out and I instead steady my gaze towards the target. My eyes flicker between the knife and the human shape before aiming again for the head.

*THWACK*

I thought I went too low then. Phew.

*THWACK*

*THWACK*

All three knives are stuck firmly into the board: two where the brain would be and one in the shoulder as a way of stunning.

"I see your report was correct, in fact I think your aiming more than rivals that of Chris's," Wesker either smiles strangely or smirks in the brunette's direction, "I'm proud to have you as a member."

"We're going to be unstoppable with (y/n)!" Jill sounds way too excited about me throwing knives at people's heads, "Great work!"

Looking at the others, I think they feel the same way. I'm glad I impressed them. I'm pretty confident in my skills so I'm relieved it paid off.

"Well I'll be, you remind me of a cop here called Kevin, he applied to join us but he had some...behaviour issues let's say," Barry begins to talk, "his aim is really something, hell, he doesn't even try when he does it."

"Kevin's a douche but a talented douche," The way Chris says it probably means he doesn't like this Kevin that much, "but you're better than him by far," he finishes with a smile.

The others crowd around to congratulate me and I even hear Joseph whistle with his fingers; loudly.

"Thanks guys,"

"Ha Chris, looks like you've been outdone!" Forest grins and pats me on the back.

"Easy Forest," I slap his hand away jokingly.

"Enough, it's time to head to the west ground assault course," There's a ripple of muttering as Wesker makes the announcement.

"Oh god, not the assault course," I turn to look at Brad as he groans; maybe physical stuff isn't his fortè.

We all group back together and head back out of the door to the parking garage. I'm not really sure where an assault course in Raccoon City would be but I guess I'll just have to wait and see where I'm led.