𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 "𝙴𝚗𝚍" 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

July 25th 1998

The doors of the elevator slide open and I send Barry an uneasy smile. He licks his lips and traces a finger over his gun almost nervously. We step out from the platform and are bathed in a ghostly green light, giving us the impression of being in an aquarium, just as humid too. There are biohazard stickers plastered across the stone walls, firmly sealed down with striped yellow tape.

There's a single door at the end of the hallway, also displaying a single biohazard sticker. It sets me on edge and the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Anything could be behind here...

 Anything could be behind here

"You ready?"

Barry turns to me and furrows his eyebrows, seeming strangely tense. He takes a deep breath and nods.

"Yeah..."

I step closer to the door and it slides open automatically, revealing more green light that my eyes take time to adjust to.

Then, I see it. I see...him. Back turned away from me as he types at a computer. He's like a silhouette. Outlined with a strange light and glowing. A part of me knew he'd be here but it doesn't stop the sense of shock that creeps into my chest and pulsates at an ache. I thought....I though we were close. That I knew him. Didn't he say himself he respected and trusted me?

I walk inside, face formed into a twisted mix of anger and sadness

I walk inside, face formed into a twisted mix of anger and sadness. I don't even know how to feel right now.

"Wesker," his name spits from my mouth in a hiss but I heard the sadness that seeped into that single word.

He doesn't say anything but continues clacking away at the keys as if he didn't hear me. Something clicks behind me and I slowly tilt my head so that it hovers above my shoulder. There's a silver magnum in my vision, one that I recognise. Barry. Oh god. Oh god no. Not him too.

The sight of the bearded man staring at me down the barrel of his gun hits me like a slap to the face and my chest aches even more.

"So this is why you've been acting weird..." I keep my tone as neutral as possible and scoff, "thanks Barry,"