𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚛𝚔𝚕𝚊𝚢 "𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚎𝚌𝚔" 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝

24th July 1998:

All of us are worried. Yesterday, the Bravos were sent out to investigate the cannibalistic murders that have been occurring in the Arklay Forests. Brad was in contact with the pilot: Kevin but suddenly lost him.

"Why did you send them?!"

The whole of Alpha is in the S.T.A.R.S office, still trying to make contact with the missing team. The last time we made it through to them there was a CRASH and then static, which leads us to believe there's been an emergency landing or an accident.

"I had my orders from the chief, (y/n)," Al remains calm and emotionless whereas I'm clearly angry and worried.

"And you didn't try to change his mind, convince him that we should go instead?"

"I didn't know this would happen and my efforts would've had no effect against that man,"

"Captain, we need to do something," Chris cuts in, leaning against his desk, quiet and pale from worrying.

"Of course we do, Redfield,"

Wesker turns his attention towards Brad and Joseph, "Joseph, take over communications while Brad, you warm the helicopter up and get clearance, I want us ready to fly in ten,"

He leans for his badge, unclips the USB and unlocks the armoury via the computer, revealing an arsenal of rifles, handguns and boxes of ammo.

"Barry, Chris, I want you to get the weapons loaded and secured, Jill and (y/n), get the vests and packs then meet on the roof, understood?"

We all salute the captain and get going immediately. Jill and I start running for the locker room together.

"Do you think we'll make it in time?" Jill says sternly but I can tell she's worried.

"Jill, you saw how well Wesker handled that, it'll be fine, Bravo are fine," I believe it strongly but bite my lip.

Are they?

No. Don't be stupid, of course they are.

Jill gives a curt nod and we continue to sprint throughout the station, down to the west wing. There's a harsh silence as we run; I can really tell just how worried Jill is. I wish I could be more reassuring for her.

Turning towards the locker room door, I head in first and take the left side while Jill takes the right. We open each of the lockers belonging to S.T.A.R.S members and grab what we can: utility belts, gloves, kevlar vests and shoulder packs. All the members were ordered to keep equipment in their lockers in case of an emergency like this. Opening my own locker, I grasp for my grandpa's lucky pouch and my enhanced ammo rounds. Something tells me I'll need them.

I blow out a breath and stuff what I can into large duffel bags that were inside the lockers, Jill doing the same on the opposite side.

"Ready?" I shout over the lockers, hearing an approving grunt from her as we join up by the door.

"Let's get going," Jill's brows are furrowed and she looks almost...scared?

I don't blame her, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried for the Bravos either. It sounded like a serious crash — if that's even what it was.

I give a firm nod in response and we head back out the door, changing our course to the helipad. I smile faintly at the beret perched upon Jill's head. She claims it's lucky which makes me appreciate it even more; we need some luck right now.

It's nighttime, so when the two of us head outisde to get to the 'copter, a trickle runs down my spine from the bitter coldness and I rub my arms. Jill keeps her eyes forward and sprints alongside me as we head through an already open gate into the helipad where Joseph, Brad and Wesker are already waiting.