𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹: 𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚢 "𝙲𝚞𝚕𝚝-𝙻𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐" 𝙼𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚜

♧︎: just to ease confusion, one of the puzzles has been changed so that they match the original Resident Evil and is a bit easier for me and hopefully you to understand :)

25th July 1998:

We're back inside the regal-looking corridor I've been in so many times, but this time it's Chris's shaky breathing accompanying me rather than the crash of lightning.

It's strange being back again because the first time I stepped into this corridor was with Jill. I close my eyes, seeing a streak of blue as her lucky beret and short brown hair waft across my mind; I can even vaguely smell her usual soapy scent. My chest tightens with the anxiety. She's got to be ok. Jill's more than capable, I'm sure she'll be fine and be able to handle anything she meets.

"Hey, you alright?"

I spin my head to face Chris whose face is scrunched in concern. I don't blame him after what happened with Forest. I keep seeing his bloody, lifeless form with every step I take. Maybe it's best that I keep thinking about Jill to block it out.

"Yeah, yeah just worrying," I stop at the door Jill said had an armour engraving on and turn to meet Chris's eyes, "try the key here, I'm pretty sure it should fit."

Chris glances at me, nods, then pulls the key from his hip pouch.

"What's on your mind?" The brunette faces the door and inserts the key. We're met with a soft snick as the door swings open, "Actually, stupid question, sorry," Chris shakes his head, giving me a meek smile.

"It's fine, I'm just — I'm worried about Jill, Al and Barry and just everyone in general...fuck, how can I not be after what we've seen," the last part comes out in a groan and I pinch the bridge of my nose.

A warmth spreads across my hand and I look down to see it locked with Chris's.

"(y/n), listen to me, Jill is a skilled soldier and you know that. She'll be able to kick any ass she sees. The cap is our cap for a reason, he knows how to handle stuff. And Barry, I mean holy shit, have you seen his magnum?!" A short chuckle escapes Chris's lips and I smile, I suppose he has a point about Barry's weaponry, "As for the others, Rebecca and Richard are fine, I'm sure Enrico is and Brad's...." his voice trails off and I finish the sentence for him.

"Gone."

"Yeah, but with any luck he'll be circling the area, trying to radio us,"

I get that Brad's known to be a coward but I always saw it as him just not wanting to die and I respected that. I love the guy, he's my teammate and always will be — I just never thought it would lead to him actually abandoning us. At least he's not dead, unless I end up killing him myself.

"Maybe, but if he'd at least dropped ammo for us before flying away then this whole thing could be a bit easier," I release an angry tut and step out into the entrance of the doorway. We had so much equipment on that chopper...