Chapter 3

Five words.

I.
Am.
A.
Complete.
Idiot.

I stare at my reflection as I smoothen out my hair before placing a cap over my head. I was wearing my 'I like it.' dance outfit. (Literally my favorite outfit!)

It was currently 1:30AM and I was waiting for Jennie to come get me in my bedroom so we could sneak out

Why did I accept her offer you ask? Well, like I said before,

I'm a whipped idiot.

Besides, she promised this would be the last favor I was ever going to do for her. And after this I actually had officially planned to avoid her as much as possible because I knew the upcoming pain I was going to feel tonight.

I don't know why Kai asked for her to bring one of us to go on a double date. Maybe to keep people from becoming suspicious and to mind their own damn business. He apparently had rented a private room at a restaurant for us. Can't say I wasn't impressed with the man but I was.

Jennie had only asked me because I was the only one who knew this secret of hers. I felt a pinch in my chest as I began to wonder if we all knew her secret, would she have asked me to come?.

An uncomfortable feeling was stirring inside me at the fact that I somehow is now joining in on this lie. And that fact was causing painful and terrible memories to arise from somewhere I thought was no longer present in my mind.

The cries, the heartbreaks it was all reappearing. I huff and took a deep breath as tears were threatening to escape. Fortunately I was able to rid myself from the flashbacks as a sound of a faint knock was made from the other side of my door.

I let out a breath and slowly made my way towards the door while placing my mask on my face. I open the door and felt my heart skip a beat at the beauty in front of me.

 I open the door and felt my heart skip a beat at the beauty in front of me

Fortunately my face was covered, or else my blushing cheeks would be seen. She smiles up at me softly,

"Ready?" She asks in light whisper as she places her mask over her face as well while glancing around the hallway. I silently nod before trailing behind her and quietly exiting our dorm. The moment we got out I was met with Kai and his fellow member Sehun. Kai opens his arms and Jennie shyly wraps her arms around his waist as he engulfs her into his embrace.