Author's Note + REWRITE SNEAK PEAK

First of all, HOLY FUCKING SHIT GUYS I DID IT!!! I FINISHED IT!!!!! YA BOI FINALLY DID SOMETHING! Anyway, I just wanted to thank you guys for being patient with me for 3 (4 years in december!!!!!) years!!! wow!!! My brain is fried... now on to the fun part.... THE SNEAK PEAK OF THE REWRITE!!!!!!

****WARNING: THIS MENTIONS ABUSE, RAPE, MURDER, AND TALKING ABOUT JEFF LIKE HE IS CHILL AND NOT CRAZY 24/7 BECAUSE THAT TRIGGERS PEOPLE!!!!! IT REALLY DOES!!! (IN ALL SERIOUSNESS IF ANYTHING, EXCLUDING THE JEFF THING BECAUSE THAT IS A JOKE TRIGGERS YOU, PLEASE SKIP THIS! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU IGNORING MY WARNING! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!****

Chapter One: Meet Rogue

~~~Rogue's POV~~~

Jeff and I were sprinting through the woods towards the house. The house was full of pain, yet the parents had been completely blind to it. The cause of this pain was coming from a little girl named Sally. From what I've observed from previous nights, Sally has long, slightly curly, brown hair, sparkling green eyes, and is about eight-years-old.

I've also observed that Sally was being abused and raped by her uncle. It hurt me to see anyone (especially a little girl!) to be treated like this. I could even tell that Jeff was slightly bothered by this.

"It's so sick, isn't it?" Jeff whispered as he leaned against a nearby tree. His charred-black locks flowed gently in the soft breeze.

"Agreed," I whispered back. We watched the man drag Sally out of the house via the backdoor and to the park near the house. I looked at Jeff before nodding towards the park with a finger to my lips. Jeff nodded silently before slinking into the shadows.

Normally, one would be freaked out by seeing a serial killer slink into the shadows, but Jeff's not that bad. Really. He's actually low-key chill, but don't let anyone else know that. Anyway, I headed towards the park using a different route than Jeff, as to not alert the man.

After a minute or so, Jeff and I were positioned across from each other just out of sight of the man. We locked eyes before I reached up and touched the pendent on my choker and mumbled a small phrase as a small tingling sensation blossomed in my fingertips and creeped up my arms and through my torso, spreading throughout my body as my 'true form' came to life.

This was what I called 'Rogue', because I felt as if I were 'going rogue' from what was logically and physically possible. This is also why I'm called Rogue, but my real name is Amelia. Amelia Macy Lancaster, actually, but only people I trust know my real name, like the Proxies and Father.

My bones seemed to stretch and crack as I warped into Rogue.

I really hope you guys think that was a lot better compared to the original. Because I think it is. Anyway, seriously though. Thank you guys for sticking with me for so long. It means a lot to me. I've wanted to end this story for a while now, I just haven't had the energy to do it. Literally everything has been planned since my 8th grade year and I'm a junior in high school guys. That says a lot. Wow. Fuck.

Anyway, I think I should go ahead and give you guys a quick little life update while I'm here. I'm 17, I have a girlfriend, I'm very active on Tumblr, I also have to take medicine for my migraines and it effects me weirdly each time I take my medicine, keeps my life interesting (it's also 2:58 AM as I type :D), I'm currently obsessed with  The Disastrous Life of Saiki K and Saiki Kusuo is my fucking mood 24/7, okay??? I'm also a thespian, I'm a theater nerd, choir kid, art kid, fine arts all the way bitch! Also I blame my gf for making me get a TikTok account so now I'm obsessed with TikTok videos and ahhhh fuck my life I'm trash. Did you guys miss my author's notes by the way? I bet you did ;)

Anyway that's enough life shit for today. Also, I still swear a lot. Yeah. Take care and good night my darlings!! :)

In all seriousness, I really do appreciate you guys being here with me through this. I haven't always been in the best state of mind in the past couple of years writing this so knowing that you guys still read and enjoy this honestly helps, so thank you from the bottom of my heart! (yes I have one still) :)