2:53

❝ It's dark cold nights like these that I love having your warm fingers with mine. ❞

Freya was sure they were somewhere away from the party, the city, and especially away from the safety of her home. She doesn't need to calculate how far, but she appreciated the idea of being by the cliff and hearing the waves from below clashing onto the hard pavement of what's supposed to be boulders.

It's been a few minutes since the last they talked, from the party, he asked her to trust him and after she said a yes— he was off running. He was fast, and he was one with the wind, the nausea that crept up to her when they arrived made her want to say that she did not trust him at all.

But that would be a lie.

Every now and then, Emmett found himself spilling all sweet words. Plenty of which that made her rethink of her counting days, and plenty of which that made her rethink if he was joking. What if he was? But what if he wasn't?

❝ You cherish moments so much it makes me think that you're supposed to leave by the next blink. ❞ She proposed, lying down with Emmett on soft grasses was no issue. But being close to him with no one by sight is another thing, they used to hate each other's guts and now they chose to lay side by side.

Suddenly, Emmett crouched over and stood up. His huge form looming over hers as he held a hand out to which she took. He hoisted her just as calm as he guided her near the cliff, his arms just around her.

❝ Freya, I'd like to tell you something. ❞ He said, named girl looked back at him and nodded. Sending a reassuring smile as he brushed the stray hair that fell from her pony tail and casually cupped one side of her cheek.

He brought himself closer and gave her forehead a kiss,  ❝ I have no intent of leaving, and I will never think of doing so if you are by my side. I wished a lot of things Freya, I wished I could be normal, I wished I could have family. But I also wished that all of the Summer nights we spent . .  ❞

❝ Were spent looking at the stars together. ❞ He finished, a smile gracing on his lips as he lowered and casted his eyes to meet hers. Her heart beating erratically as she focused on the words spilling from his lips, creating a new kind of masterpiece that fills in her inner void.

Placing another hand to cup her cheek of the other,  ❝ And I wouldn't care if that won't happen anymore as long as I get to have my final wish. ❞

Everything happened so fast, one moment he was talking about something and the next she was swept off of her feet and a pair of lips perfectly molded with hers. The stars twinkled in delight, the skies parted in relief, the waves clashed in felicity. But before that she heard it,

He said something that crashed her inner doubt.

❝ And that, I wish to have you as mine, Freya, ❞