The Sports Festival Is Coming

/It is now the end of the day and Aizawa is about to talk to Yamada/

Yamada's POV

The bell rings signalling that the school day has ended. At lunch Aizawa told me to meet him outside near the water fountain after school so I head that way. I wave to Tensei who asks if I wanted to maybe do some karaoke this weekend at his house, I tell him I'd love to but he should probably ask his parents first, he nods and heads off. Eventually I make it to the water fountain and I see Aizawa sitting there.

"Heya Aizawa, what didja want to talk about?" I smile and sit next to him.

He pauses for a minute and turns and looks at me, he slowly turns his bag in front of him and pulls something out.

Aizawa'a POV

I take this wherever I go, for the longest time I had forgotten about our friendship, I am so used to just grabbing this and going but I remember it all now.

"This, Hizashi....do you remember this, do you remember me?" I look up hoping he remembers that month we had oh so long ago. Please, remember me, remember the happiness we had, please. I beg in my mind.

Yamada's POV

For a second I am in a state of confusion, he just called me by my first name, he never does that, hardly anyone knows it. I see what he is holding, it's a bracelet. I look closer at it, there are cat beads and music note beads on it alternating one then the other...oh my god.

My eyes start to tear up, "Sho... It's you," I pull him into a hug which he slowly returns. 

"I can't believe I didn't recognize you, I'm sorry I didn't" I sigh.

"It's okay, I'm just happy you remember still, when you called me you're friend earlier it reminded me of that month from back then and I realized you were that loud stranger with the bird plush," He looks at me, with a happiness in his eyes, he slightly smiles too.

"That was so long ago, I can't believe we have met up again, furthermore both of us on our paths to becoming heroes together,  we became friends because of heroes and we reunite because of heroes, man our friendship is cool," I laugh, it is cool though. Maybe this was why I was drawn towards him, that or it's cause he has gotten really cute...

Aizawa's POV

"Mhmm, " I nod.

The next few days go by and Yamada talks to me everyday making me feel included and I feel the slightest bit of happiness again. I try and get to school early and leave as late as I possibly can everyday, being at school is so much better than being home, at home everything is terrible but I try and ignore it.

A week passes and another and eventually it is 2 days before the sports festival.

"Yo! Toshi, how you doing!" Yamada yells to a very sweaty Toshinori while he is training.

"I'm doin' great, just trying to get good enough to win the sports festival."

Yamada laughs, "good luck beating Aizawa he is amazing."

I lightly punch Yamada's arm, "I'm not that good."

"Stop being so modest your quirk is really cool," Kayama comes up behind me and says as she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Guys really, stop you all are so much better," I shy away, I am not used to so much praise.

"Whatever," Yamada laughs, "Hey, Aizawa, wanna come over to my house tomorrow night, we can try and get ready for the Sports Festival together, and I can make sure you get some sleep," He smiles.

"I'll try"

Yamada looks at me with begging eyes, "Pweeeease."

"Okay" I smirk.

The school day ends and I wave Yamada away as I slowly walk to my apartment. I hesitantly open the door and shuffle quickly to my room. I sigh feeling relief as I close my bedroom door and lock it. I hear bottles crash beyond my door, it's scary but it's life for me. I look around my small room, I pack my school bag with what I will need tomorrow night at Yamada's and for tomorrow at school.

I am planning on sneaking out because there is no way they are going to let me leave, furthermore on a school night, that is basically forbidden in their eyes.

I throw a pair of pajama pants in my bag and some higene necessities and I put my bag in the corner. I quickly do my homework and snack on an energy bar that Toshinori handed me during training today. I'm glad he did, it really is helping sooth my stomach right now, I really need to eat more.

I drift off into a restless sleep full of tossing and turning. I eventually wake up at around 5am and it's just starting to get bright outside.

I stretch, throw my school pants and top on and decide to leave the jacket part off today. I quickly throw my bag over my shoulder and I open my window. I jump onto the fire escape platform and climb my way down. I decided to go this way and this early today because I really don't want to be home right now. I don't want my guardians talking to me about the sports festival and I just want to get out of that dingy apartment.

I am so happy Yamada invited me to his house tonight. His family is so nice and I will hopefully actually get good sleep with him.

I slowly walk to the park I always go to. It's a good in between place near my apartment and the school.

I like to people watch, it is one of my favorite pass-times. I see the people who are busy and going to work. I hear the chatter of couples who get up early. I watch people jog and exercise. It's interesting seeing everyone's style.

I also like to pay attention to the nature around me. The birds and different critters. I feel a slight breeze and wonder what it'll be like tomorrow. Before I know it it seems as though that I should be heading off to school.

In no time at all I make it and I head inside.

Not surprisingly I am the first person in class but not too long after I get there Yamada runs in.

"YO AIZAWAAAAAAAAA!" he yells using his quirk.

I give him a light smile hardly noticable, "hey Yamada, you seem high energy this morning."

"Well I'm just happy, my best friend is coming over tonight and the sports festival is tomorrow," he nudges me, "of course I'm high energy right now."

Slowly but surely everyone makes their way into class. Including our teacher.

"Good morning class, as you all know the sports festival is coming, so be prepared to give it your all," He announces.

"PLUS ULTRA!" the class replies in unison.

//this update is coming out later than I wanted I am sorry but there should be another update coming out on Friday so yeah, anyway have a nice day also sorry for the lack of plot in this chapter but trust me the next 2 to 3 updates will be big//