37. The Rest Of Our Life

- Karlie -

"Marry me." Taylor's ice blue eyes pierce through the darkness as she stares into mine. A soft laugh passes my lips, "baby-" I can see the panic in Taylor's eyes as she quickly moves to straddle my legs and face me, "don't say no, Kar. Whatever you say, just don't say no. I know it's fast, I don't think we've ever done anything slow in our relationship, but I know how I feel about you. I know that I want to wake up to you beside me every single day for the rest of my life, I want to raise our kids together, I want to watch you teach all of them how to dance and bake, I want us to grow old together and tease you when you leave your false teeth in a glass beside our bed. I want you, now and forever, so please don't say no."

The love and vulnerability emanating from her in this moment is a side of Taylor I haven't seen in a long time. "Baby, I wasn't going to say no. I was going to say that I love you more than anything else on this entire world and marrying you would be the greatest moment of my life." I cup her cheek as our eyes stay locked together, and Taylor chokes back her tears as she smiles, "you're saying yes?" I nod as I laugh, tears spilling from my eyes as I connect our lips. "I'm saying yes."

Taylor buries herself in my arms, hiding her face in my neck as I hold her close to me, taking in every single second of this moment. I would give the world to be with her for the rest of my life because Taylor and our kids are all that I will ever need. "You're going to be my wife." Taylor laughs as she presses soft butterfly kisses along my collarbone and I rub her back, "for the rest of our lives, baby." She wears the softest smile as her head rests perfectly in the curve of my shoulder and I trace gentle patterns on her thigh.

Taylor lifts her head to connect our lips again and I get lost in the taste and feel of her lips, craving the woman I've been deprived of for far too long. I hold onto her thighs as she straddles me, tipping my head to deepen the kiss as our noses clumsily bump together. Taylor's hands tangle in the tresses of my hair and pulls me in closer as we both breathe heavily, lost in each other. The blonde trails her hand down my chest, settling on my hip as her fingers tangle in my shirt, trying to pull it over my head. "Baby, Sel and Siobhan are still up." I talk quietly in case we're overhead and Taylor just sighs before hopping up and grabbing my hand, "come on."

She leads me upstairs, both of us giggling as we collide with walls and furniture, barely able to break apart from each other. We finally make it upstairs and into the bedroom, locking the door behind us. "Off." Taylor mumbles as she kisses along my neck, straddling me again and pulling at my shirt. I help her, lifting my shirt and throwing it down as she starts unclipping my bra, kissing my chest and reconnecting our lips, making me gasp as her hand slips past the waistband of my pants. "You are so gorgeous." She hums, teasing me with her fingers as I stare into her blue eyes, this woman is one of a kind and I cannot wait to have her for the rest of my life.

- Taylor -

From that point, it was a long night. It's nearly midnight now, more than three hours later, and Karlie is asleep with her head resting on my chest having just come down from her fourth high of the night. Sleep seems appealing, but holding Karlie seems so much more worth it. I can feel her hot breath against the bare skin of my baby bump and I just smile, watching her soft sleeping features as I pull my fingers gently through her blonde locks. Karlie is the most beautiful woman to ever grace this earth and I can't honestly believe that she's going to be mine forever.

"You're still awake." She shifts in her sleep, her tired voice filling the silent bedroom as she looks up at me through the dark. "I was admiring you." I turn onto my side, curling up in her arms as I press a kiss to the tip of her nose. The blonde slips her hand down my side to rest on my stomach, her light touches making me smile. "I really missed this. Having the girls beside me isn't the same as having you in my arms." I nod, knowing exactly what she means. "I hated sleeping without you, I was alone all the time but it bothered me the most at night." Kar sighs and presses a delicate kiss to my forehead, we all hated the separation and for the life of me I'm going to make sure that it never happens again.