Chapter 5

*The next day*

"What do you mean, gone?" Snotlout asked. Everyone was there as you and Hiccup told them about the Light Fury you all saw. It had really sparked a buzz around the group. After all, this was something everyone had written off by now. Nobody had ever expected you'd actually see another species like Toothless.

"Vanished! Into thin air!" Hiccup replied. Fishlegs came over to him with his card. He'd been trying to get the Light Fury right for about 20 minutes now.

"What do you think?" He asked. Hiccuped looked and the card, clearly seeing that it wasn't like the Light Fury.

"Uh-uh. Stubbier ears, no dorsal plates." He said, handing the card back to Fishlegs.

"Okay, got it," Fishlegs said and got to work yet again.

"Haha. What a night." Eret laughed lightly. Toothless suddenly came up behind Hiccup, slobbering and panting like crazy. You chuckled at the dragon's behavior. Oh boy. Now we have a new lover boy. Or should I say lover dragon. Lover dragon boy...? Eh, whatever. The second one is close enough.

"What-what's gotten into you? What is all this...slobbering and panting?" Hiccup asked, confused at the Night Fury's strange behavior.

"Isn't it obvious? He's in love!" Arrow said, clearly enjoying this. 

"Look in the mirror lately, Romeo?" You asked. He blushed as Runa chuckled at your comment.

"Shut up. Like you two are any better." He grumbled back. You rolled your eyes. Hiccup turned to Toothless.

"Trust me, relationships are nothing but pain and misery." You heard him as he tried to keep his voice hushed and smacked him upside the head. "OW!" You rolled your eyes again, less amused this time, and went over to help Kent out with what he was working on. "What did I just say? Am-am I not enough?" He asked the dragon. Toothless walked away, spotting two Nadders who were showing affection for each other. 

"I think that's a no," Tuff told him. Fishlegs showed him another drawing of the Light Fury.

"Something like this?" Hiccup shook his head.

"You know what? Just trace your Toothless card and make her white." He said, handing the card back again. Fishlegs looked slightly annoyed and frustrated.

"You could have lead with that."

"Still, can you believe it? Toothless has a girlfriend!" Arrow laughed.

"I never took you for a romantic. Like, ever!" Hiccup exclaimed.

"But it's really kinda sweet. I mean, look!" He continued, gesturing to the dragon. Toothless was pretending to flirt with the Light Fury by using his shadow as her. You raised an eyebrow at it.

"Oh. Okay. That's just sad...and weird." Tuffnut contradicted.

"Yeah, you better do something." Ruffnut agreed.

"Seriously, I'd rather shovel poop all day than watch that." Snotlout added. Hiccup stood up.

"Alright. Let's head back to the woods and see if we can find her." He announced. Toothless turned as he heard this and excitedly bounded over to Hiccup.

"Ah. Good idea!" Tuff said, putting an arm around Hiccup's shoulder. "Right. Let's see." Hiccup was confused by why Tuff did this.

"Uhhh..."

"Shh! It's boy talk." Tuff told him. 

"What?" Hiccup asked as Tuff guided him away with Toothless in tow. You sighed, shaking your head as the three went off to look for the Light Fury. Valka came over soon enough and you smiled as you spotted her. Snotlout cut her off though.