Chapter 9

You all had been flying for hours now and you were wondering if you were going to come across anything even remotely close to what Hiccup had told you about. As you flew along, Nightshade barked at you. You pet her reassuringly.

"I know, girl. We'll find another place to rest soon, okay?" She growled, sounding slightly unsure about it, but trusting your word. You thought about it and you got an idea. You whistled for Runa. She came flying up and she steadied Shiverwater, matching Nightshade's speed as they came up next to you both.

"What is it, (Y/n)?" 

"Are any of the dragons lagging?" 

"We've been trying to encourage a few of the ones carrying more heavy cargo, but we've been noticing that some people have been talking about wanting another pitstop soon." She replied. You thought about it. At least that gives us a chance to take a breather.

"Take Shiver and scout ahead. Find a secluded island for us to stay the night." You instructed her. She nodded and hurried off, beginning her own search for a good rest-stop for your people. You looked over at Hiccup and he seemed a little disappointed by your decision, but you understood why.

"We'll find it, okay? But nobody said it was going to be a one-day trip." You reminded. He looked a little more encouraged now. You were glad that you were able to raise his spirit's so easily.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry, I'm getting too excited over this." 

"Don't you always do that?" He smiled a bit more and you all kept going. I'm glad that he's focused on his goal, but I hope that he's still able to be realistic. After all, we AREN'T sure if it's real, but it could also be our best chance. Either way, we'll find a new place to stay. We'll find somewhere safe. And who knows? Maybe we can make our own 'Hidden World' per se. 

Soon enough, you heard Shiverwater's roar again. You spotted her coming from the left. You smiled upon their return, hoping they had good news. 

"There's an island up ahead large enough for all of us and more!" Runa proclaimed excitedly. You and Hiccup both were thrilled by the news. "It's got plenty of trees to keep us a bit more hidden for now and the water sources are perfect!" You looked at Hiccup for the final verdict. 

"Looks like we found our camping spot for the night. Runa, lead the way." She nodded and took the lead as you all headed to the island she'd found. Soon enough, it was in view and you smiled happily. It was just what everyone needed. This place really does look absolutely amazing! Runa has the right idea, that's for sure!

"Let's go!" You called and everyone followed as you all hurried to the new island. You made it to the island and hopped off of Nightshade. You looked around. Runa landed next to you. "This place is perfect! Great job, Runa." She smiled proudly.

"Only the best for my people." She replied with a laugh. You turned to Hiccup as everyone else landed down on the island. It was clear he was happy with the spot, but you knew he was still focused on finding his own perfect place. With how fixated he could get sometimes, you knew this was his idea of permanent or perfect, but it would be good for now. You hoped he could at least agree with that.

"Alright! Looks like we're camping here for tonight." Good. This place will serve wonderfully. I'm glad he can see that for the most part.

"Well, thank Thor for that!" Gobber replied. But it quickly took a wrong turn as they started assuming something different. This was something that didn't surprise you.

"Yes! My own place! I plan to build a hut. Only for the bearded! Ruffnut, you gotta stay out! Chin whiskers don't count!" Tuffnut remakred. Yep, here we go. Snotlout was also using his hands to frame his own place.