'What are we about to do or become' P2

"Mind if I join you guys for dinner?" Dedrick asked looking to Desi and Catastrophis.

"That'd be great! It'd be nice to get some normalcy again, being able to eat together like we used to."

Desi said back earnestly; as both her and Dedrick looked back at Catastrophis for approval.

"Hm? Oh, I was actually just going to skip dinner and go to bed."

Catastrophis said tiredly with a shrug and her arms crossed; being cut away from her thoughts.

"Oh come on Cata!" Desi cooed. "You can't skip dinner- it's unhealthy! Plus we haven't even been able to catch-up or even look at each other properly since we got here!"

Desi whined with pleading eyes while grabbing Catastrophis's hand earnestly; making her take away her crossed arms.

"Maybe some other time."

Catastrophis said plainly, pulling her hand away from Desi's grip while stepping back to turn around and start walking back to her quarters; only to turn into Dedrick, blocking her path and staring back down at her.

"Come on Strophis. Like Desi said, it's unhealthy..."

Dedrick said smoothly; swaying slightly more towards her.

Strophis eyeballed him irritability, as he called her a slight nickname. She hadn't been called nicknames since she was a kid, or while still in the pack for that matter.

That's when Cricket stepped up alongside Dedrick, as he just stared back at Catastrophis through his mask. Almost like he was confirming what Dedrick was saying, while also pleading with Desi for her to join them as well.

Just as she was about to decline again, she felt a smaller body slam into from behind while wrapping it's arms around her waist.

"Please Cata." Desi begged; as she wrapped her arms tighter around Catastrophis's waist.

Catastrophis eyeballed the little being behind her as Desi buried her face into her back.

With two of them blocking her path, one holding her back, the overwhelming feeling of jet lag and REDS hellish training seething under her muscles, she was in no mood to put up a fight.

"Fine." She said in refusal; with eyes slit in irritation.

"Yay! Let's go I'm starving!"

Desi said jumping up with excitement and taking off out of the room first; with cricket nodding towards Dedrick in agreement and followed suit after Desi.

"Your quarters or mine?"

Dedrick asked quickly, in a smooth yet flirtatious tone; with an arched brow. Looking back at Catastrophis to start moving.

"Neither." Catastrophis said quickly in a denial tone.

Before Dedrick could rebuttal; she cut him off.

"We all know what happens when a guy asks a girl to his quarters..." She said as she eyeballed Dedrick with a raised brow.

"Hey! I didn't mean it like that." Dedrick said, grabbing her arm briefly to bring her to a stop and look her in the eye.

She eyeballed his hand briefly with a distasteful look:Dedrick caught sight of this, to which he loosened up his grip and lightly rubbed her arm with his thumb to show he didn't mean harm before letting it go.

She looked back up at him with a silent glare, still irritable but calm. As she let her arms fall back down to her sides and turned back to start walking again.