'Reunion'

"Commander, the Delta chopper you've requested has arrived." A pilot basEmen said.

"Oh good, thank you. She'll be ready in a minute" Red said with a quick nodded to the soldier.

"Alright, this is it." He said as he looked back at her.

She just looked back at him as she threw the small tote over her shoulder.

"Remember, you've been through worse but you can still back out." -RED

"I'm not backing out of this. I think your the only one that's worried about this trip." She said giving him a raised brow.

"I'm not worried, I'm merely stating the facts." He said shrugging his shoulders putting his hands behind his back, raising both eyebrows back at her.

"Mmhm, got it. That's why your blocking my way right now and stalling." She said sarcastically picking her helmet off the bench.

"Don't you sass me-"

"-I'm not. I'm merely "stating the facts." She said looking at him with a stoic expression but a sarcasm tone.

He just glared back at her and squinted his eyes in irritation, she did the same but smirked.

"You're lucky your being taken out of my reach cause if I had you in my grasp or I'd kick your ass back into those hell drills!" He said while getting in her face then stepping aside all suddenly.

"Yeah, cause that worked out so well this past week hadn't it..." She said walking past him with a complete smirk and cocky tone.

"Watch it. I'm still your commander in chief." He said turning after her.

She turned around to face him again.

"And I'm still your prodigy and successor." She said calmly.

He didn't say anything but looked at her as she looked back at him with the same look.

"Not mention next time we do fight-" She started saying has she threw her bag to one of the crew members to place on the chopper. "-I will not be holding back." She said with a death stare. 

Her stare matched with his and it turned into a mutual respect, knowing that she was serious this time. "I expect nothing less from my best student." He said back to her almost holding back some hidden emotions. 

She doesn't have many feelings, they were mentally and genetically beaten out of her. So she can't tell if she's being to harsh or disrespectful at times. He was also formed into being harsh and brutal over the years of his life and 'career'.

But something kept eating away at her in that moment. That this was the last time she would ever see him again and he was thinking the same thing. But she pushed it down, even if it was true, she didn't let it bother her.

She couldn't tell if it was a hint of sadness but she was guessing that's what it was.

"So is this is one of those 'the student has now become the master' crap?" He said sarcastically with a cocked eyed stare.

"Call it what you will, just- "stating the facts". She said turning so she was sideways facing neither away or at him.

"You really are a smart ass aren't you?" He said amused yet.

She didn't say anything but put her helmet on then turned her head towards him with a nod. She knew what sarcasm was, from over the years she's been known as sarcastic smart ass at times. 

She saw his hidden smirk and saw that as an opportunity to leave. She was about to walk away, until he stopped her.

"Kata." He said starting to walk up to her as she turned around to face him again.