WE JUST GOTTA TOUCH Y'KNOW

ㄱ ㄱ ㄱ

After Chenle retired his duty as head chef of the ramen shop, he was happy to explore the other attractions with Jisung. He did want to familiarize himself with the area, as he'll be starting school here the same time Jeno and Renjun were.

They walked around and participated in some games before the two stumbled upon the tunnel of love.

"Can we go in?! Please, Ji?" Chenle begged, looking at Jisung with the most adorable pout ever.

And who was Jisung to decline?

He knew how his classmates set this thing up, and it was nothing like those lovey dovey tunnels. The tunnel was just a whole obstacle course in where you were tied wrist to wrist with your partner, and the obstacle course was anything but a walk in the park.

"Are you sure you want to go?"

"Of course!"

Before he knew it, he was at the edge of the first obstacle course with his wrist tied securely to Chenle's. Strands of red yarn were attached to each side of the hallway, mimicking those laser beam rooms.

Jisung could barely make out a spot of entry and Chenle was already moving towards the mess of strings. Having a better idea in his head, he gently pulled Chenle back, causing his to look at Jisung questioningly.

"I have a better way to get through this thing." An evil smirk made its way onto Jisung's lips and Chenle automatically knew.

"It seems fair enough." Chenle responded, nodding his head in approval.

As if on cue, the two boys looked back ahead of them and silently counted down from three before racing through the strings of yarn. Strings were falling off, some were even catching onto the two boys whilst running through the mess.

Once they finally made it to the end of the first obstacle, they heard the other students yelling at them from afar, clearly pissed off at what they did. But did they really care?

No. Not really.

"Jisung! You and your boyfriend better come back here and clean this up--hey! Come back here!" The voices of Jisung's classmates were sounding farther and farther, as he and Chenle ran far away from the attraction.

They had even climbed the stairs that lead to the rooftop, just to be safe.

Bursting through the doors, cool air instantly hit them, sending strands of their hair into odd directions.

The space was empty, leaving the two panting boys to drag their bodies closer to the railings then having a seat behind it; their hands slipping out of the loosened fabric around their wrists. Jisung collapsed onto the floor with his legs spread apart, while his arms supported his upper body by being propped up behind him.

Chenle was in a similar position, the only difference being he had one of his legs propped up.

"That...was fun..." Chenle gasped, still trying to regain breath.

"Yeah...totally."

Jisung glanced over to the elder male and just admired his side profile. Since the sun was starting to set, the sunlight accentuated his features even more. If Jisung's heart wasn't beating out of his chest already, it definitely is now.

He noticed a strand of yarn that was stuck in Chenle's hair, so he reached over to get it out. But before he could even touch it, Chenle turned his head causing his cheek to hit the palm of Jisung's hand.

There was just a moment where they just stared at one another. Where time slowed and where it was just the two of them in their own little world.

A few more seconds past before Jisung's eyes widened in realization. He didn't know why he panicked, he just did. The boy even had to remind himself that Chenle and him were official, and that him panicking was stupid.

"I'm sorry—!" Jisung tried to pull his hand away, but Chenle caught it midway and pulled it back, returning the warmth on his cheek.

"No worries Ji. Just let me stargaze for a bit will you?" Chenle's voice was soft, almost a whisper, but it was enough for Jisung's heart to melt into a ooey gooey mess.

"O-Okay." Jisung stuttered, the question reminding him of that one time they all played seven minutes in heaven. Gosh, the memories.

The latter nuzzled his cheek into the palm of Jisung's hand before placing a kiss at the center of it.

"I hope you know how fast my heart is beating right now Lele." He gave Chenle a look that silently told him that he was responsible.

"I know. Mine too." With that, Chenle placed the latter's hand flat on his chest, where his heart was located.

Jisung flinched at first, because Chenle's heart felt like it was about to burst out of his chest too. Warmth flowed up to his cheeks, painting them in a cherry red.

By now, the sun had set and the stars came out to adorn the sky, creating patterns across the dark canvas. And while the two were in their little moment, a loud boom caused them to both flinch and let out very manly screams.

It was when they calmed down that they decided to look up, and there laid sparks from a firework that was slowly disappearing. Another flew up right after, its burst lighting up the rooftop for a few seconds before dissipating like the other one.

The two boys smiled up at the sight, absolutely delighted at the simple beauty.

"Wanna go find the others?" Jisung suggested, looking over at his boyfriend.

Chenle only nodded, leaving them to go off to find their friends to share this memorable moment with.

-🐢-

The duo managed to drag everyone onto the roof just in time. A chorus of 'ooh's' and 'aah's' were exchanged while they stared at the fireworks in the sky.

"Woah! It's so pretty!" Yewon cheered, clapping her hands like a hyper child.

"Right? Man, I wish Mark was here. I'm stuck here sixth wheeling these damn couples." Donghyuck scrunched up his nose bitterly, envy clear in his eyes as he watched his friends with their lovers.

Standing beside the sulking male, she patted his back comfortingly. "Join the club and can't you just, like call him or something?" She suggested, quite matter of factly.

In a span of a few seconds, the latter's eyes lit up in joy. Of course, he could totally call Mark right now!

Donghyuck patted his pockets looking for his phone, until he felt the device in one of his back pockets. Pulling it out, he instantly dialed Mark's number for FaceTime.

His smile was growing by the second as he waited for the other to pick up.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon...." He muttered impatiently to himself.

A squeal of delight left his lips once he saw Mark face appear on his screen.

"Hyuck? Hey, what's up sunshine?"

-🐳-

dOuBlE uPdAtE hEeHeE