Chapter 10: The Curse Lifted, The Ace Returns!?

I was looking down at Riven as I finally managed to get rid of the taken corruption. I powered down back to my base form, when suddenly something crossed my mind. “IZU!” I yell out as i ran towards her in a panic. As I did i look out of the corner of my eye and saw Shaxx following me. I got close to her and slid on my knees to a halt in front of her. I looked down towards her and didn’t see her breathing. “Izu, Izu please wake up, please.” I start pleading for her to wake up. I lifted her up and held her hoping that i could save her. “Come on please.” I say as i started to power up and started to transfer my energy to her. After a little bit I had used up all of my energy. I had to stop or else i wouldn’t be able to stay awake. I stopped and watched for a minute hoping that something would happen. After a minute nothing happened, no movements, no breaths, nothing. “Izu please you need to wake up, please don’t leave me.” I say as I see that Tyler, Donovan, Scarlett, and Katsui were on both of my sides. Behind them Mom, Ikora, Shaxx, Petra, and Toland were there watching. At this point i couldn’t hold back anymore. “AAAAAAAHHHHHHH.” I yell out in pure sadness, that was all there was to feel at that moment. As i was yelling into the sky my aura exploded and created a beacon of sorts. After another minute i couldn’t yell anymore, i had no more energy to scream. I could just hold her in my arms and cry.

    As i was crying everyone else started to mourn her death. Tyler went and held Katsui in his arms as she was crying, the same went for Donovan and Scarlett. Ikora had tears running down her eyes as she watched. Toland didn’t have a facial change but was crying for the lose. Mom went and hugged Shaxx as he had finally broken and was taking this just as hard as I was. Everyone on the outside of the crater had their heads down and had a moment of silence on the outside of the crater. “Izu, I am so sorry i couldn’t protect you.” I say as i continued to cry. As i was sitting there holding her with my eyes closed i suddenly felt a hand touch my face. “Hey Curtis there's no reason to cry.” I hear the voice say as i shot my eyes open and was at a loss of breath. “Because i am here.” Izu says as she was smiling up at me with that intoxicating smile of hers. “Izu.” I say as i was in shock. All she did was smile and nod at me. “IZU YOUR ALIVE.” I yell out as I pulled her into a hug and held onto her as if she would disappear. As i was hugging her she hugged me back with the same amount of care. “How are you still alive you weren’t moving, you weren’t breathing, you weren’t doing anything.” I say as i slowly realised her to be able to see it again. “Well you wouldn’t believe me until you see who helped me out.” She says as i hear everyone in shock looking towards something.

“Yeah that would be my doing, so your welcome.” I hear as i smile. “Well you care to explain how you did it then Dad.” I say as i look up to see Cayde looking at us with that infamous smirk of his. “It's because i’m me so yeah i’m awesome.” He says as i start laughing at him. “But seriously how did you do it?” I asked him as he looked at me with a smile. “Well in order for your healing to save her i had to remove her spirit and light from her body so that your healing could take full effect.” He said to me as i finally connected the dots. “So that's how i did it.” He said to me as i smiled at him with tears still running down my face. “Thank you dad, for helping me save the one that i love.” I say as he smiles at me and Izu. “Your welcome, now i have a question for you two.” He said to us as we look at him. “Whats up?” I asked him as i see his mischievous grin cross his face. “When am i going to be a grandfather?” He asked as he and Izu started to blush uncontrollably. As we were everyone was laughing at this except for Dad and Shaxx. Only reason Dad wasn’t laughing was because he was running away from Shaxx as Shaxx was trying to kill him for even thinking about that. “Cayde get your spectre anus over here.” He said as dad ran out of the crater we all see Shaxx activate striker and chase him. After that all we heard were screams of a little girl.

As everyone was laughing me and Izu recovered and I looked up and saw that Riven was moving again. “Hold on one second.” I say as i place Izu down and walked towards Riven. As i got close to her she looked towards me and looked scared. “P-Please don’t hurt me.” She stuttered out much to my surprise. “Don’t worry i'm not going to hurt you.” I said to her as i bend down and gently put my hand on her shoulder. “Do you remember what happened?” i asked her as she looked down. “Yes I do remember it was like i could see what was happening but i couldn’t stop it.” She said as she suddenly hugged me. I was in shock but i hugged back. “I’m so sorry i didn’t mean to cause all of this harm to you.” She said as i just stayed silent. As she was ready for me to lash out at her i just kept the hug going. “It’s fine it wasn’t your fault it was all on the taken.” I said to her as i felt her hug me even tighter. “Still i had to watch it happen, and i couldn’t do anything about it.” She said to me as i finally stood back up with her holding onto me for dear life. “It’s fine like i said it's not your fault.” I told her as she started to cry into my shoulder. After a little bit she seemed to calm down. “Riven are you ok i mean you just went through all of that by yourself.” I ask her as i feel her shake her head. “No i’m scared and the thought of the taken scares me, because i saw everything but at the same time i was stuck in such a dark place.” She says to me as Izu come up to me and whispers something in my ear. “Are you sure?” I ask Izu as she nods at me smiling. “Alright then.” I say as i look back at Riven. “Hey Riven look at me please.” I said as i had an idea with Izu’s permission. “Y-Yes?” She asked me as i was smiling at her. “Close your eyes.” I say to her as she was hesitant with it but listened to me and closed her eyes. As she did i looked back to Izu to check with her one last time to make sure that she really meant it. She nodded at me and i just nodded back. As i turned back I see that Riven was kind of scared still. I leaned forwards and pulled her into a kiss. Riven was shocked by what i was doing for a second but she finally started to relax into it after a few seconds. We kissed for a little bit longer until i pulled away. Riven pulled back and looked at me curiously. “Why did you do that are you not in a relationship with Izu?” She asked me as i smiled while scratching the back of my head. “Well this was actually her idea because we figured that you have PTSD after going through that so we were hoping that this will help you recover from it.” I said smiling at her as she blushed at what i said. “So are you ok with the fact that you and Izu are going to be sharing me?” I asked her as she looked up at Izu. As she did Izu just smiled at her and came and hugged me from behind. As Riven looked at us she had tears start building up in her eyes. Suddenly she pulls both of us into a hug and starts crying but not tears of sadness. “Thank you so much.” She says to us as we just smile at her. “No problem, now how about we head home i'm starving.” I say as they laugh and agree with me.