The End....or Really, the Beginning

Jon laid in a pool of his own blood. His chest and stomach seered and pulsed with pain. There was a fleeting warmth that left him immediately after the explosion. His stomach tore wider the more he tensed. He couldn't help but tense up, the frequent sharp tortures in his insides kept him from any sort of relaxation.

His vision showed the blaring brightness of the sun, which reflected something in the sky. To Jon, it looked like a glare.

No...that couldn't be just a glare. He squinted in order to sort out the blur in front him until he was able to see a figure shaped similar to a giant robot on those transformer movies.

'What's going on...?' Jon questioned, still unable to move.

To his surprise, he found his upper half lifting slightly. Something warm held his back to support him. Jon winced in pain again. 'Don't move me...it hurts...' He wanted to tell that to whoever.

"Jon?"

Who was that?

It took a moment for Jon to decipher the faraway voice.

"Jon!?"

Jon knew that voice, it belonged to Eduardo. He opened his eyes again. It proved difficult the second time, but he was able to keep them half-lidded.

"Say something, you idiot!"

Oh yes, he was still an idiot, even after this.

He must be, after all, he had just stood frozen in place when that rocket was aimed straight for them.

Eduardo leaned forward, now covering the light and becoming clearer to Jon's vision. The American's hair was a mess. Brown curls were wildly sticking up, matching his wide and scared eyes.

The usual scowl on his face had somehow morphed into something so unfamiliar. What was this expression? It was so foreign to Jon to see Eduardo looking any different.

The man had tears dripping down his face like a fountain. Eduardo never cried as long as Jon knew him and they had gone to kindergarten together.

Nevertheless, it looked so wrong.

He wanted it to go away. He wanted Eduardo to smile, or at the very least scowl at him as always.

So Jon smiled the best he could through the pain.

"S-something..." He chuckled weakly, trying not to cough up the copper-tasting liquid that had accumulated in his throat.

His vision blurred again and his body felt heavy.

Then all around him faded to black.