Moving

Carries POV

I moved school to start a new leaf.

I didn't expect that on the first day I would meet the 4 people I care most about.

I also didn't expect that 5 people would be gathered around me, while I'm in a hospital bed, awaiting my results.

-------------------------------

Moving school was one of the best decisions I ever made. However it was also one of the worst.

I walked through the doors of the school I would be attending for the next year. Until I go off to college and pursue my dream of becoming an actress.

I waited in the office area where a women, around the age of 35, approached me.

"Hi. You must be Carrie. I'm Penny, I'm the schools guidance counselor and your official tour guide."

I smiled convincingly and walked behind her, hoping she didn't ask me any questions I'd have to talk to answer. Truthfully, I wasn't listening but I didn't make it obvious by nodding every now and then and laughing occasionally.

"So, Carrie, your first lesson is maths with Mr. Jones. He's one of the teachers you can talk to and have a good laugh with, but you also don't want to get on his bad side."

I nodded and walked behind her shyly as she talked to Mr. Jones.

I've never been one to hide behind the curtain when I was nervous, I've never been shy or unable to talk as soon as the lights hit me, but this was a new school and I wasn't opening up to just anybody. I decided that I should just stay quiet and only speak if A) somebody talks to me first or B) I get asked a question.

"Class this is, Carrie Swan, she will be your classmate for the next year before you graduate. There's a seat next to Mr Ashton Irwin, you can sit there if you like, he doesn't bite."

As I walked to the middle of the room, where Ashton was seated I felt people glaring at me, but that was one of the joys of being an actress, you could be on stage doing the worst performance of your life but you wont care because the opinons that people think of you don't matter, its your career and your life.

As i was about to sit down when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see a tall, dark haired boy standing in front of me.

"Hey, I don't mean to be rude but...that's kind of my seat. You can take it if you like, but...erm...yeah"

"Omg, I'm so sorry, I'm new here and Mr. Jones told me to sit here. I didn't know I'm sorry, I'll go find somewhere else to sit, sorry once again"

"Don't sweat it, it looks like there's only one space left, and that's next to Michael Clifford. He's a pretty cool dude but he is trouble and we wouldn't want a good girl like you going bad now...would we?"

As the dark haired boy spoke to me I could tell we were going to be great friends.

"Thanks, sorry I didn't seem to catch your name"

"Its Calum, and this is Ashton and our friend with the blonde quiff over there talking to Mr. Jones is Luke."

As I was about to walk over to the desk which I would be sharing with Michael, I felt a light touch on my arm. I turned round to Calum, looking as if he just saw a ghost.

"Erm...Carrie...I was wondering, because your new...maybe, do you want to eat lunch with me, Luke and Ashton?"

I nodded with a smile that I genuinely did mean.

"Yeah, that would be great, thanks so much Calum."

I walked over to Michael's desk and kindly introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Carrie, I believe you're Michael?"

"Yeah, how do you know that?" He said with a slight giggle

"Oh, erm, Calum told me."

"Oh,"

The conversation was silent until Michael spoke up again

"so why did you move?"

I had only knew him 2 minutes and he asked the question I dreaded to answer.

(A/N hi guys, this is my first fan fiction so in sorry for any mistakes. Thanks for reading, there's going to be some plot twists as soon as I get into the story more so stay tuned)