Home

updated 02/2023

-----------------------------

So maybe Jisoo was abusing the fact that she was on a "tiny" boat with Jennie, in front of the full view and attention of all her family and friends, who fully expected her to display her affection for Jennie for everyone to see.

Okay, maybe that was another lie she'd told herself.

But Jennie seemed to be just as easy-going and along for the ride as before, and Jisoo really was enjoying their seating arrangement, Jennie sprawled out over the deck of the boat, glorious legs open for Jisoo to sit between, to lean back into her.

And it wasn't like they were acting that differently. They were still the same old nerd and dork, gossiping about life and making the absolute lamest jokes to each other in hushed whispers that confused just about everybody else.

Occasionally, Jisoo would lean back into Jennie. Jennie, ever the helpful friend, found that it was her duty to wrap her arms around the brunette, and murmur things into her hair, and to yelp out cutely whenever Jisoo would pinch her after a particularly cruel comment.

They had sat like that, enjoying the LA sun beating down on them, tanning them further, while breathing in the scent of each other's faint perfume amongst the salty mist they were sprayed with from time to time, as Jiyong enjoyed the only other lady he loved more than Dara, his beloved "Dropship."

"Why the Dropship, Jisoo?" Jennie asked in her curious tone, cocking her head to the side innocently, and Jisoo swooned internally for maybe the eightieth time that day.

"Why the name?" Jisoo clarified, clearing her throat. "Is that what you're asking?"

"Yes." Jennie smiled apologetically, her arms resting on either side of Jisoo, who was absently playing with her fingers, trying not to notice how long and elegant they looked.

"Well, if you follow me to the tiny little bathroom, I'll show you." Jisoo quipped, smiling wickedly.

Jennie frowned. "I'm afraid I don't follow, Jisoo."

Jisoo's smirk deepened. "Because I can drop your panties on this ship-"

Jennie swatted her arm, cheeks burning. "That doesn't even sound good, Jisoo."

Jisoo barked out a laugh, glad to hear Jennie's soft chuckle behind her. She sighed contentedly for a moment, wishing away everything and everyone else in the world.

For just a second, she pretended Jennie was there because she liked Jisoo, and not for some business transaction with her father. God, it felt so right.

But Jisoo knew better than to ruin a perfectly smooth plan with crazy ideals of perfection and love.

She wouldn't do that to Jennie.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Jennie mumbled into her ear. "Although, Jisoo, I've never understood the saying. Your thoughts are priceless."

Why did Jennie have to go off and be like that? For such a nerd, she was one hell of a smooth talker. And it was genuine, which made it all the worse.

Jisoo blushed profusely. "I was just thinking...Chaeyoung and Lisa. They make a cute couple."

Jennie nodded, her emerald gaze finding her friend and Jisoo's friend, both sitting by the edge of the railing to the far left, appearing to be deep in conversation.

"They do." Jennie mumbled, her eyes watching the way Chaeyoung's softened, and they didn't do that for just anyone. Lalisa Manoban was special.

But, like Kim Jisoo, Lalisa Manoban was off limits. Perhaps for different reasons, but untouchable, unattainable all the same, like a beautiful mirage that tempted and tantalized until the hallucination was no more.