Almost

updated 02/2023

-----------------------------------

Suddenly, Jisoo and Jennie's dynamic was a far cry from what they started with. In fact, it was the complete opposite. In the dim lighting of the hallway outside the club, beside the elevator that had just chimed, announcing its arrival, Jennie allowed Jisoo to find her footing on the floor, her hands smoothing out the sides of Jisoo's hiked up dress tenderly.

They forced themselves apart, trying to tame their rampant breaths as they felt their heartbeats even out, though that would never be possible if they were in the same room with one another.

Jisoo's gaze found Jennie's response, and her breath caught in her throat once more. She clutched Jennie's wrist in her own smaller artist's hand, steadying herself. She wasn't sure if she felt dizzy because of the sheer amount of alcohol that was swimming in her veins, or her pure attraction to Jennie.

Both were rather acceptable excuses to misbehave, if Jisoo had anything to say about it.

The door opened, golden barriers parting to reveal another young couple, perhaps the same one that resided on their floor. Jisoo wasn't sure. She couldn't recognize anything except Jennie, who looked unfairly gorgeous in the dim lighting, harsh shadows falling on her high cheekbones, falling off her square jaw.

She was breathtaking, in every sense of the word.

Jennie was laughing quietly to herself, and the very sound make Jisoo's heart flutter. That was all she wanted in life. To see Jennie's grin, to hear her laugh.

She was in so deep.

"What?" Jisoo inquired under her breath.

Jennie shook her head. "We started out kissing in front of everyone we could, to make it look real. And now, we're waiting till they pass."

In retrospect, it hyprobably wasn't that funny. But seeing Jennie grin like that, so giddy and carefree...Jisoo found herself chuckling at the irony, shaking her head.

The couple passed without so much as a sideways glance, and Jisoo spared a look at Jennie.

There was a decision to be made.

Jisoo never looked back, to the safety of the table, where the rest of the Delinquents were. She never looked back, towards all the excuses. Towards all the reasons why she couldn't be with Jennie. All the reasons why she shouldn't have.

Instead, she narrowed her eyes at the rapidly closing slit, and tore away towards it, pulling Jennie's arm behind her.

Jennie followed with nothing more than a gasp.

And just like that, sliding through the doors and slamming the button for their floor, Jisoo made the leap of faith, with Jennie faithfully by her side. She was jumping with Jennie, for Jennie. Her brain was a little hazy, and nothing made sense.

Well, almost nothing.

The moment the doors had shut, Jisoo whirled around, pressing Jennie against the elevator wall as she went back to recapture her soft, swollen lips, Jennie uttering a small cry of pleased surprise as one hand wrapped around Jisoo, the other steadying itself on the small handrail against the small of her own back.

Out of the corner of her eyes, between heated kisses, she could see their reflection in the mirror like glass adorning the walls. She could see herself, lipstick slightly smudged, lips swollen. She could see Jennie, looking similarly disheveled, arm clenched around Jisoo somewhat protectively.

Jennie's mind was reeling, but the alcohol did its job, suppressing her doubts like the most powerful floodgate, shut and barred, sealed until Jennie could get what she desired. And that was Kim Jisoo. Jennie couldn't help herself anymore.