Chapter 8

Anna's POV

I guess you could say it's my birthday. And when it's peoples birthdays, they usually want to be surrounded with happy, laughing people, and a massive pile of presents.

But not me.

My idea of a birthday is just to be left alone and not have a present. It makes me nervous opening a present because if I open it, and it's something I don't like, I make it obvious. REALLY OBVIOUS. And that can kinda be embarrassing.

So, I am sat here, celebrating my birthday with my raw wrists, being alone, no presents, not a single person around, having sooooo much funnn.

*FLASHBACK TO SIXTH BIRTHDAY*

"Thank you so so so so so so so so so much mummy!" I said.

There was a bouncy castle, cake, all my friends, a clown, a magician, balloons, banners and presents.

"It's okay sweet heart!" my mum replied.

I hugged my mum tight and ran off to play with my new bike! I could hear all my friends telling their parents that they wanted one.

I was happy.

Bouncing on the bouncy castle, laughing with my friends, getting loads of presents, eating loads of food, laughing so much I got a tummy ache.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I was happier back then. Everything was better. I had my first boyfriend, Thomas for about 1 year and a half. And then I dated Jake for more than 2 years or something.

Stupid jake.

~~~

The bell went for break.

"How was your super fun birthday?!?" Jake asked, smirking.

"Go away," I said whilst hiding my face with my hair.

"Do your parents hate you or did they reject you and find out how stupid you really are?" he growled.

"I-i umm i." I took a deep breath and continued. "They went to some place for some time. No big deal."

I was crying. He found this hilarious!

"What's wrong with you?" I questioned.

"Nothing. Unlike you!" he said whilst giving a smug look on his face.

"Go away jake!" I screamed.

"Why don't you?" he asked. "For good,"

Just after he said that, he was dragging me by my shoulders.

"What the fuck jake? Let go of me!" I cried.

He just looked at me and smirked without stopping.

"W-what are you going to do to m-" I was interrupted by my fragile body being shoved against a locker door.

"You should of been gone a LONGGG time ago!" he said, stretching out the word long.

He grabbed me by the wrists and as I winced, he shoved me against my locked, but harder. He snapped his fingers and within seconds, his gang was surrounding me.

He smiled and said, "you'll regret the day you came onto this earth."

I could feel tears falling from my eyes onto my collar bones.

2 of them grabbed my legs, another 2 grabbed my arms whilst the last 3 were just standing there, smiling.

Within seconds, I was lifted up and the boys under me were taking me to the school basement. Not this again I thought to myself.

As Jake shut the door, he came over to me and slapped me across the face, hard. I let out an ear piercing yelp, this only made things worse.

He lifted me up by my ear and started to knee me in my stomach. My feet weren't touching the ground and it felt like he was going to rip my ears off.

He laid me down on the floor while he stood on me.

"You like to cut?" he asked, with a sly look on his face. I just ignored him.

"Fine then, ignore me. You just made this worse." He laughed.

As he held out his left hand, Jacob handed him a knife. As his gang pinned me to the floor, jake said "this is going to hurt you ALOT more than it's going to hurt me!!"

He stared up and down my body until he focused his eyes on my top. He lifted it up, showing my rib cage. He gave me an evil smile before the stabbed me.

He took the knife that was hardly in my stomach out and started harming me. I couldn't call it self harm because I wasn't doing it myself. He was going it.

Cutting from side to side, my stomach bleeding its guts out. As soon as he was done, he pulled the knife up to my neck.

"I'm not going to kill you just yet. But you'll be in enough pain you'll want me to." He said.

Without a moments pause, he hovered the knife around my thigh and sliced my skin from one side, to the other. He got up and left with everyone following.

I was just down there, crying, staring at my newest collection of scars. Without realising I had a white top on, I covered my sensitive tummy. The blood patches were shown through it. I put my jumper on and ran upstairs into to girls toilets.

As I found a free cubicle, I walked inside and lifted my top up to see what damage he had done. It was pretty bad.

My skin was torn open with blood dripping out of it. I grabbed the toilet paper and started dabbing it on my open wounds.

Every time the tissue made contact with my skin, a fresh tear fell down my check as I clutch my left fist.

~~~

As I walked in English class, Jake and his gang members (Michael, Jacob, Jeremy, Steve, Ryan and Greg.) all gave out a small chuckle.

"Welcome to English everybody, please sit wherever, I haven't made a seating plan yet." The teacher greeted.

Obviously, everyone sat in their friendship groups and I was on my own. But I didn't mind being on my own.

"Today, I will be picking your term partners." Ms McNorcot said.

"Taylor and Greg, ruby and Steve, Jacob and Melanie, Michael and Linda, Jeremy and Natalie, Anna and Thomas, Lizzie and Taylor, Ryan and Megan." she said.

"Miss you forgot me." Jake said.

"Did i?" Ms questioned. "Ahh yes I did. Can you please join............ Anna and Thomas. Thank you Jake."

And with that, my breathing got heavier, my blood got bleedier, my sores felt sorer. Everything felt worse.