Dear Anonymous

dear anonymous,

i run until my knees shake and sweat drips down the hollow between my breasts. i run until my hair sticks to my face and i'm gasping on all fours, dragging myself one more mile. i'm only trying to escape this shackled existence of playing servant to my desires, locked in cages for weeks on end until my hands take on the permanent shape of curled-around-bars. i can only run so far before claws rip out from the ground and drag me to my knees, suck me into the earth. i am the prisoner of the underworld; i am being burnt alive in this furnace of my hellish dreams.

on the other hand, i'm digging myself into a hole and i'm not sure why. there is something comforting in the steady motion of digtoss, digtoss, shiftweight, digtoss. i'm only hoping, anonymous, that you'll be there for me to cover up the hole once i've deemed it deep enough. you will be, won't you?

i need you here to chase away my dreams just like you evicted that cocaine addict from your dorm. take them on a highway motor chase like in the movies, pull out your gun and bangbang! get them off this goddamn planet. i miss your shadowy presence. your ghostly, mary-sue features, your pearly-white teeth and your knack for driving me up the wall. i'd like it if you'd teach me to drive. teach me to crash, teach me to live. teach me anything, as long as i can listen to your faraway voice.

yours,