Chapter Twelve

Sorry, but I'm skipping right to the battle-ish time. I don't want to bore people.

Jayan woke up, nervous. Kiya wanted them out. In just a few minutes Ms. Shelling was going to open the portal. And a few hundred kids were going to have to stop her. 

The army marched down the stairs. More like tiptoed, actually. They didn't look much like an army, more like a massive group of kids going to breakfast, like most mornings. But this time they went straight to the basement. Jayan walked next to Beta, who had a determined look in her eye. Arianna was close by with Drew. Jayan couldn't ell if she was talking to him or herself.

Kiya stopped at the basement door, and swung it open. Jayan gasped. The basement was enchanted, like the rest of the house. It was as large as ten football fields.

At the far end, Ms. Shelling stood. There was no one with her. She was muttering something to herself. Jayan was to far away to hear it. Crossing in time seemed impossible. If Ms. Shelling saw them, she would open the portal early. And sneaking a few hundred kids across an enourmus basement wasn't exactly easy. 

Kiya must have already thought of that, because she signalled for Beta, and a few other kids forward. She whispered something in thier ears. Jayan recognized them from the list. They were the ones who could do invisiblity. 

Large groups began attaching to them. Jayan grabbed Beta's arm firmly. "Here we go," Beta murmured. She could have shouted it and Ms. Shelling probably wouldn't have heard. The groups started to shuffle forwards. It was hard with some many people. Ocassionally one group would bump into another, which resulted in quite a bit of muttered swears.

 The basement felt larger than it actually was, probably because they had to move so slowly. But they finally managed to get within a few yards of Ms. Shelling. She seemed to be waiting for something. 

That's when Jasmine let go. Ms. Shelling looked up, "Oh, you made it!" Jasmine nodded. "Then i take it your freinds are here too?" Jasmine smiled. 

Beta gasped, dropping her rock. The whole crowd appeared. Jayan stared at Jasmine. She knew Jasmine was cold and harsh, but she hadn't expected this

Arianna was yelling, "Jasmine! How could you? I thought you were one of us!"

Jasmine smiled coldly, "I was. Ms. Shelling's plan interested me. She's right, you know. We deserve revenge. And we will get it too. You won't stand a chance."

"Speaking of which," Ms. Shelling said plesently, "Here comes your doom!" An army was marching across the basement. They would have looked as sorry as the Underground, if it hadn't been for thier sheer number. They looked ready to kill.

"Get ready to attack," Kiya muttered. 

Jayan heard a voice in her head, "you think you can beat us? You're sorely mistaken." Jayan looked up. Jasmine was staring at her, her eyes glittering evily. 

That's when the army decided to charge, and the Underground was thrown into chaos. 

Beta dropped, picked up her rock and vanished. Arianna pulled a steak knife out of her pocket. It turned into a razor sharp blade of diamond, the hardest mineral. She looked determined, running at the nearest enemy she saw.

 All around Jayan, people were fighting. Those who didn't have a battle ready power were attacking the opponents with their fist. And a boy charged at Jayan. She put her hands in front of her face to shield herself, and as soon as he hit her, he collapsed. Tremors racked his body, and he convusled violently. 

Jayan bent down, and examined him. Little charges sparked on his body. Unknowingly, Jayan had shocked him. Literally. 

She grinned, and lept into the fight. She stunned several more students, before she faced a more startling opponent.

Catrina was glaring at her, circling just out of reach, as a large tiger. "Good kitty," Jayan taunted, "Can't catch me!"

Catrina leapt, and Jayan moved out of the way, reaching out to touch the tiger's shoulder, "tag, you're it!" 

Catrina changed back into human on impact. She sturggled to get up, then went limp. Jayan moved on. 

As hard as the Underground was fighting, Ms. Shelling's army was winning. Jayan saw Beta, her face wracked with pain. A large boy had her in a headlock. Arianna was cursing and yelling, pinned down by vines a girl had caused to sprout from the ground. She held Arianna's knife. 

Jayan fought harder. She had to get back to Ms. Shelling. Kiya was attempting to subdue her. Niether of the two had very good powers for a fight, but they were still looking ready to kill when Jayan showed up. 

"Good, you're here," Ms. Shelling purred, seeing Jayan, "you can watch me take down this infuriating girl. Jasmine, would you restrain Jayan, please?" 

Out of no where, a pair of arms grabbed Jayan. Jasmine was stronger than she looked. As hard as Jayan fought, Jasmine held on. And Ms. Shelling was about to lunge at Kiya, when a voice yelled, "freeze!"

People litterally froze. Many of Ms. Shelling's warriors were incased in ice. Jayan managed to slip out of Jasmine's grasp, and turned, to see something that shocked her.

Vanessa was walking towards them, an icey chill eminating from her. Everyone in Ms. Shelling's army had become covered in ice. Jayan smiled as Vanessa glared at Ms. Shelling, "she's mine."