Chapter 17

Everything was blurry, and pushing on my arms I slowly felt myself my body move off the ground before gentle hands helped me to stand. Soft fur, like rabbits, rubbed against what skin was bare as my hands instinctively gripped the hardness at either side. Whatever was on my head felt heavy. Everything felt heavy and closing my eyes, I needed the noise to stop.

"Quiet!" My order obeyed, the silence was instant.

Rubbing my eyes, I felt more settled. Complete. My neck tingles before something wet, and cool washes over me. Looking around now, things were more transparent. The fae that had danced with me earlier now wiped off the still wet paint of my blood. I touched my neck hesitantly; healed.

I found Ivy, still stood with the dagger in her hand and narrowed my eyes. Standing, I stood on shaking legs, pushing the other two away and pointed at her. Instantly she fell to her knees, the dagger dropped as she leaned forward in prayer.

"Great mother, I welcome thee to-"

"Shut, uh-" Oh that was new and going to be hard to explain to Apollo when he gets back. Hecate was right, honey was going to be my friend, and after a little cough, I tried again. "Shut up!"

Ivy paused, looking up me. "Mistress of magic, I summoned-"

"Yeah, let's talk about that shall we?"

Realisation washed over her face, and she quickly stood. "Elise?"

"The one and only!"

"It's not, it shouldn't be possible!" Ivy gasped, the two I'd pushed away rushing behind her as that would protect them. The crowd became restless. "We did everything-"

"Oh, you did it right, top skills there Ivy. What you fucked up with, was thinking you could use me this way. Do you actually know who I am?" I yelled at her, trying not to wince as my hoarse voice proved not all the healing was done just yet.

"You're, you're-" The smaller of the two stuttered.

"Not someone to mess around with? You're right. I'm not." The pair of them went flying into the crowd.

No one helped them, as the mood shifted. Now everyone wasn't sure whether to run or stay. Apparently, though, they thought Ivy was the one in control here as they all seemed to be hanging on her every word and action. Apparently, the seriousness of what just went down was missed, and as a new commotion started, I spotted Alfie climbing the stairs before positioning himself behind me. This got everyone's attention.

I am the Phoenix, who will rise and rise again. Each time something inside of me changed, leaving me as the girl I am. The girl I was. Something has changed again. I do have the power to create or destroy. I am more than a queen, I am a goddess, and I was born for this. Hecate was right, and in her honour, I lifted my hand which had Ivy moving with it. We made eye contact as I increased the pressure around her throat before the dagger moved, controlled by an invisible hand and she knew what was next.

"N-n-no!" She gasped, fighting a fight she couldn't win.

I moved closer, confident now. Strong, steady steps and standing before her I smiled.

"For a while there, I was happy to pick up what you put down. Sisterhood. Women supporting women. Ending the suppression of a patriarchal society. Too bad you know nothing about those things. Because you were wrong, so wrong about so much. I already have the power. I don't need more. You stupid, stupid little pixie. Don't you know who the hell I am?"

"Te-teach me. Show me the way!" She begged.

"Why? So you can try and kill my boyfriend again? Try and kill me again?" She fell to the ground, the dagger still hovering in front of her. "Who is she, the one that helped you?"