Chapter 4: Quadruplets

I stared up at the ceiling for hours. I couldn't sleep, because I couldn't believe I was actually somewhere as crazy as this.

A reinforced quartz castle, glowing crystals, and given the ability to summon creatures. I rolled onto my side to look across my room and my hellhound was curled in the middle of the room on a circular rug. The rug was mainly black with a white crystal in the middle, the symbol for their kingdom.

I sighed and rolled onto my back again. I looked at my wrist in the dark and the numbers went up drastically, which confused me. I still didn't know how I was gaining these "points". It had gone up by at least a thousand.

I placed my left hand on my wrist as I had done earlier when I summoned my hellhound... man, I need to give it a name. I'll check with it in the morning. It can understand my thoughts, which is already scary enough.

I held my arm out and repeated the motion... nothing happened. Well, I really didn't want to summon another monster or something in the middle of the night, did I? I lowered my arms and closed my eyes, attempting to sleep even a little.

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇...

I didn't sleep at all. The bustling city below forced me out of bed. From my bed, there was a closet to my right, a desk to the left, and the door right across from it. And of course, the giant middle ground between the bed and the door. It was a large room, to say the least.

I opened the closet and there was nothing I really wanted to wear, but I didn't want to wear the dirty clothes again. So, I stood for about five minutes in my underwear trying to summon clothing that I wanted. My hellhound watched me with some amusement.

Eventually, I gave up and grabbed the black baggy pants in the closet and threw on a white cotton shirt. I pulled at the sleeves and I motioned my hand for my hellhound to leave.

It stretched out on the ground and yawned, fire puffing out in the process. It shook itself and followed after me. "I think I need a name for you." I said, walking through the halls. The curved roof rose into the sky and I couldn't help but stop a couple of times to look at the art.

"Any ideas?" I joked, looking away from the creature.

"I always liked the name Anastasia." A feminine voice answered, causing me to stop in front of a couple of soldiers. They watched me as if I'd try starting a problem.

"Uh... let's go somewhere else..." I coughed, the hellhound walking to my side. I saw an exit and walked out onto the roof. I turned around to face my hellhound. "Am I just hallucinating or did you literally just answer me?"

The hellhound sat down on the morning cooled quartz. I looked out over the railing and rolled my eyes. "Of course you didn't. I'm just tired."

"Probably." The female voice entered my head again. I spun around and the hellhound was laying down on the ground.

"Yep... definitely need more sleep..." I grunted.

"You're a little dull, aren't you?" The voice asked and I turned to face my hellhound, staring right back at me. Oh man... it was really answering me.

"Dull? Where I come from, there's no talking hellhounds or even hellhounds! And now I'm talking to you like I would to a normal person! If someone saw me, they'd think I'm insane." I grunt, facing the railing.

"That's if they saw you just talking to a hellhound." A voice cooed in my right ear. I almost fell over the railing and I pushed myself away from the voice and the ledge of imminent death. Standing in front of me was a tanned woman with curly maroon hair. It couldn't be...