Chapter 8: Making a Change

"Oh Tyler~" Anastasia's voice cooed in my right ear. I slowly opened my eyes and immediately noticed the extra weight on my right arm. I turned to see what was weighing me down and slowly moved my eyes from Anastasia's lower half, to her torso, and then her sleepy face. "Good morning."

I quickly turned my head away. There was no way something like this would have happened back in my own world. "W-W-What are you doing in my bed?"

"Well, I wasn't going to sleep on the floor in this form, and my other form isn't as comfortable as this one." She smirked, stretching on the bed. Mind you, this wasn't a very large bed.

"This is a castle! I'm sure there are other rooms!" I scowled at her.

"Yeah, but none as comfortable as yours." She cooed, wrapping her arm around my chest. This was way too much for someone who never thought he'd be as lucky as he was right now.

I turned my head away from her, my face hotter than normal. "You just don't understand how cute you are, do you?" She chuckled, letting go of me.

"Back where I'm from, I'm not cute. I'm weird and this makes me feel weird and I know for a fact that-"

"Shh. Take a compliment." Anastasia put a finger to my lips. This was once again too much for my mind to handle and I laid my head back down on the pillow. "You do understand what you did yesterday, right?"

"What?" I worriedly asked. "What did I do?"

"You were brave, that's what. You saved my life and proved your worth to the kingdom. Not everyone could do what you did, standing up for me." She lied down on my right side again. "Whoever you were in your other world no longer matters. You can make a whole new name for yourself."

I sighed, staring up at the pearly white ceiling. "I wish it was that easy to forget about my past. I imagine you have something you'd rather forget about in the past." I said, looking at her. Her eyes wouldn't meet mine.

"Well, while I'm here, I might as well try and better myself. I don't need to just be a citizen from the Underworld. You've given me a chance to become something better." She explained to me, turning away to sit on the bed. "I don't think we should keep Estelle waiting, or I'm going to be on the receiving side of her anger." She rolled her eyes, thinking of Estelle's actions and words yesterday.

I sat up and looked at my wrist again. Once more, the numbers on my wrist had gone up. I summoned clothing for me and looked at the numbers once more, only having gone down by about four, one point for each item of clothing. Obviously, I needed more than just what I summoned, so I ran to the bathroom for a little privacy.

"I wouldn't look!" Anastasia yelled from my bed. I summoned more necessary clothing and threw them on after I had washed myself. The showers here worked with some sort of crystal they claimed to bargain off of lake inhabitants.

So, like mermen or something along that line.

Once again, not normal for me.

I stepped out of the bathroom, the sound of my boots hitting the floor echoing around the room. "Boots?" Anastasia tilted her head, sitting on the bed cross-legged. 

"Kinda like hiking boots." I bent my leg and slapped the back of my ankle. "Meant for all the stuff I'm probably gonna have to do while dealing with Estelle. Plus, they're meant to get dirty."

"You plan on getting dirty with Estelle?" Anastasia smirked.

"Shut it." I pointed a finger at her, my over shirt flowing with my movement. "Come on, we got places to be, right?" I said, turning. I waited and the clicking of Anastasia's paws stopped at my side. I pat Anastasia on the head, as she was now a hellhound again.