Chapter 6: Bravery

With a yawn, I opened my eyes and stared up at the white ceiling I've come to know for the last couple of days. "You still here, Anastasia?" I groaned, stretching my legs. I was able to move a little more easily, but it was still a pain to try and sit up. "Hello?"

I turned my head and I saw Summoner Two sitting on a chair next to me, her head facing down. "They took her."

"What?" I groaned, now trying my best to sit up without opening up my wound. "When did they get her? There's no sign of struggle." I looked around the room.

"Your hellhound let itself out of the room to be caught. They plan on executing your summon in an hour." Estelle sighed. "I tried speaking to the King and Queen. They were shocked to see me, but my words no longer carry any weight since I stopped summoning."

"You have a reason for that." I scowled. "I need a healer."

"Our healer hasn't used magic in a millennia." Estelle replied, a sorrowful tone to match her downward look.

"Then I need to summon one." I raised my arms.

"Wait! That could be very dangerous!" Estelle reached for my arms. "You don't know what your summoning!"

"I'm summoning an ally just the way I did with Anastasia!" I yelled at her. The summoning circle appeared in front of my hands and Estelle backed away. My mind flashed, hundreds of images passing by and eventually it stopped on a man, sitting in front of a desk.

"Your eye..." She muttered. "You have a built in Summoning Window..."

The room flashed white and the sound of something heavy falling and a grunt are heard. "Ah... what?" The masculine voice groaned. I turned my head to look in the direction of the voice and I saw my healer.

The man stood up and fixed his thin glasses, dusting himself off. "Well, this is quite strange." He said, straightening his long white coat. "One moment I'm sitting in front of my work and the next second I'm sitting in what looks like an infirmary. Care to tell me where I am?" He asked.

Estelle looked from the man to me, repeating that action multiple times. "You are in the Kingdom of Aaridian, and I need your help." I answered, pulling the sheet off of my body.

"Ooh... that looks bad." The man grimaced. "Care to explain how one gets a wound as bad as this?"

"Hellhound I commanded to attack me." I quickly replied.

"Commanded to attack yourself? For what purpose does that serve?" The man asked, carefully examining my stomach.

"It unlocked my summoning ability." I answered.

"Ah. So that's how I'm here. I wasn't doing anything too important in my own world, so I guess I could stay and help for a bit." The man stood straight up. He looked to be in his late twenties. "My name is Justin, a healer from the province of Tyrin." He introduced himself, holding his hands over my stomach. "And I'm quite skilled at what I do."

A warm feeling flooded my body and Estelle gasped as the wounds on my stomach and wherever else began to close, the scabs falling off. "And that should do it. You say you're a Summoner?" Justin pulled me up into a sitting position.

"That's exactly what I am." I grinned, holding my arms out in front of me. Light emanates from my palms and clothing appear on my bed. "Once that feeling of summoning got engraved in my mind, I can't forget it. It's better than having Anastasia rip me apart each time." I chuckled. "If you two could leave the room, that would be great."

Estelle was speechless at my ability to summon already and Justin nodded. Once they had left, I could hear Estelle explaining to the guards who Justin was. I threw off my dirty clothing and slipped on a pair of comfortable jeans, a black t-shirt with a silver flame design on the front, and a grey button up over-shirt. My usual back in my own world.