Chapter 2: Hellhound

Apparently, I wasn't summoned in the morning, but closer to the evening instead. I noticed that it was also starting to get cold, which I didn't originally feel when I first woke up. It had to be close to fall or winter within this world...

I still couldn't wrap my head around that. The existence of other worlds? One day I'm at home playing video games and doing homework and the next I'm stuck in another world being told I can help save it when I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be dead.

Oh crap... Kara. I saved her and then poof! I was gone. Arnold noticed my uneasy look at the ground and he slowed down. "Ya alright, lad?" He asked, slowly making his way to me. Estelle was now interested as well.

"When you guys pulled me into this world, I sound so dumb, I saved another person's life. And then poof, I'm here and my body isn't in that world anymore." I looked up at Arnold and he made direct eye contact with me.

"She is safe, the girl ya speak of. As for your disappearance... that is something we cannot change." He explained, a sorrowful tone in his voice.

"What do you mean you can't change it? Kara is probably blaming herself for what happened and the fact my body is gone is even worse!" I scowled. "I'm grateful I'm still alive... but this is just insane!" I turned angrily away from them, looking down the path we came from.

Leaves littered the ground around us, splashes of red, green, yellow, and brown splotched on the ground. It was beautiful, being in the forest, but I couldn't help but be pissed. I turn to face them again and Estelle sighed. "We weren't sure of the possible consequences in summoning you here. We haven't summoned a different person before, so I'm not sure with how to deal with you."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

Estelle threw her hair over her shoulder and before she could answer, Arnold stepped forward. "That's something ya can see for yaself when you come to the castle. We don't have much time before ta' thieves and rogues are active. That's also something we need ta fix." Arnold pushes me with his walking stick. "Git going and we might have a chance ta make it."

"Thieves? Rogues? How technologically advanced is this world?" I asked/yelped as Arnold repeatedly prodded me with his walking stick.

"Rather well advanced, but not as much as your own world. We have a system for power, you'll see." Estelle walked along side me at a brisk pace. I didn't have a choice as Arnold continued hitting me with the stick to move faster. It was much darker than it was only a few minutes earlier.

"You'll see this and, ay!" I slapped the stick away from my back. "And you'll see that! Is it that difficult to explain?" I scowled, walking a bit faster to avoid Arnold's repetitive stabbing.

"There's really no easy way to explain how the kingdom looks like to someone from a more technically advanced world." Estelle replied. "We have archers, swordsmen, blacksmith shops, a market-"

"I got dragged into a video game, didn't I..." I grumbled.

"What's that?" Estelle asked.

"Nothing." I grunt, an opening now in sight. It was about a minute away and I was getting anxious. These two are a bit overwhelming.

"Anyway, just stick close to us lad." Arnold sped up to walk next to me. "The lands outside of Aaridian aren't the safest as of now with the invading army."

"Invading army?" I scoffed. "This is how I'll die. I'm gonna slowly bleed out with an arrow in my knee." I muttered.

"A shot to the knee won't kill you." Estelle answered.

"Okay, so it isn't that game." I mumbled to myself. "Dang, it got really dark." I said aloud, stepping out of the forest edge. I stood out in front and looked up at the painted sky. Purple, blue, red, and of course your standard black were smeared around in the atmosphere, a beautiful sight in my opinion.