Chapter 14: Earth of Yesterday to Earth of Today

Following Earth's initial skirmish with the Emperor's schemes, a wave of enthusiasm swept across the globe, with many eager to join the fray. Much like Thor, they harbored belief, yet victory eluded them. However, certainty blossomed within — the Earth was nurturing Jedi in every corner. They held onto the hope that these Jedi would be instrumental in overthrowing the Emperor. Though their numbers were few, they were confident that Master Jedi Sam O'Neill and Master Jedi Brandon Bowers would stand as Earth's unwavering guardians.

The conviction was strong that Emily, Ben, and Jack were destined to rise as formidable Jedi Knights. The people of Earth were united in their fearlessness, assured that their course was true. While the outcome of the Emperor's malevolent schemes remained shrouded in uncertainty, one thing was clear: Earth would remain resolute and steadfast, even as the tempest raged on.

In the aftermath of triumphing over the Goa'uld and Enki, the people of Earth were galvanized for further action. The Jedi and the Asgard didn't need to remind humanity to hold onto hope; however, they cautioned against hastily leaping into hyperspace for a direct assault on the Emperor and his forces. The consensus among Earth's leaders was clear: a deeper understanding of the adversary was essential before launching an offensive that could assure victory.

At the mansion, Barbara was talking with Ituor. "They have told us there is more to being a Jedi than just using the Force and using a lightsaber. What does this mean? Could any of us be a Jedi in that case?"

He smiled and answered, "It's a little more complicated than just that. We all have agreed that it was your training, Brandon, as your son, that enabled him to be a Jedi. You and Jerry taught him discipline and other great values that all children should learn in the home. What makes a Jedi is more than using the Force. From the beginning of the Jedi Order, they didn't have the Force at all. They were Jedi just the same. The Jedi Credo was then as it is now — to learn and protect the peace of all living creatures throughout the galaxy... and now the universe. What I'm trying to say to you, Barbara... what makes a Jedi is the state of mind. One might be born a citizen of a country, but they have to learn how to be one."

It is possible that everyone can be a Jedi without the ability to use the Force at all, but that person must have a very strong character. When we first met Brandon in Atlanta, Georgia, he showed that strong character right from the start. From what Sam told me one day while they were doing their Jedi presentations, he was a Master Jedi a long time before we set foot on Earth. Ituor paused for a moment and then asked, "Does that answer your question?"

She smiled, "It does a little." "Why I asked... I wonder if we can. Jerry and I knew we needed to go with Brandon to Coruscant after they called us. Somehow, I believe, we knew our house would be destroyed. It is why we made sure Brandon was fully trained no matter what."

"Just be yourself. It honors us how you raised your son. You and Jerry need no special recognition from us. You're part of the Jedi family. Furthermore, you and your family have been doing great services for us as we have been training new Jedi at the mansion. For that, we Jedi will always be in your debt. I've heard from many of the Jedi that they loved those hot dogs that your husband made a while back. If you can do things like that, then there will be nothing that any Jedi would do for you and your family."

Barbara just sat there in awe. "The reason for doing this is we feel we're helping Brandon and the others. I don't think we could have ever imagined we had this kind of impact on everyone."

Ituor just smiled at her. "Barbara, you made an impact all right. Even the Asgards have taken notice. From what General Davis has told me for Thor to talk with you about your Jedi family is something special. The Asgards are an advanced race of people. To take notice of someone less advanced people, show you've done great things. From this moral uplifting, you have done for all of us, I'm sure we'll be triumphant in this war with the Emperor."