43 // lemme boop

Ten-year-old Derek was sniffing around the perimeter only a few minutes after Cora had come home shaking saying she smelled something all over the forest

Ten-year-old Derek was sniffing around the perimeter only a few minutes after Cora had come home shaking saying she smelled something all over the forest. Naturally, because he was the only person home was their father who was snoozing away the day on the couch, Derek secured his little sister beside their father and took off into the preserve. He started at the west, sniffing all along the north and snorted through the east until he heard something whoosh. The ears of his wolf perked up and he set himself low in preparation for an attack. There was nothing immediately in sight, Derek stared out in between the trees, listening intently and waiting for something to catch his eyes.

He didn't expect the thing to catch his eyes and almost blind him as it appears out of nowhere. Derek stumbled back, a wave of warm air wafting over him as a little boy jumped out of the center of the bright translucent light and giggled as he landed on the forest floor. Derek fell to his back, his front paws, curling close as he watched the boy notice him. The little thing gasped, eyes widening into little purple saucers.

"A wolfy! I find! I find!" Before Derek could think, the little boy was stumbling over his side and climbing on top of his belly. "Lemme boop, Kay wolfy?" The boy stopped at his chest, held out one pale little finger, and pressed it to Derek's nose with an excited 'boop'ing sound. Derek sneezed, making the boy laugh something light and airy that made his chest squeeze. The little boy then cuddled down into his chest, rubbing his baby soft cheek against his coarse fur. Derek's stomach twisted and unfurled with a warmth and an energy that he had never felt before. The boy's sharp, static scent was wrapping around him and Derek wanted to drown himself in it.

"Hi wolfy, I'm Stiles! You wanna see a magic trick?" The boy- Stiles - stood up on Derek's chest, his eyes glowing purple again. He bent his knees and Derek's heart leaped out of his chest as the boy jumped. There was another flash of light and the little boy was jumping down into the earth. Derek leaped up onto his paws, staring bewildered at the ground. In the next moment, there was that sharp smell of lightning and the little boy was falling onto Derek's back with a giggle. Derek instinctively rolled over, fear coursing through him for a split second before he realized what he had down. He jumped up again, expecting to see the little boy injured beneath him, but there was nothing but dirt and pebbles.

Another giggle caught his attention and Derek whipped around to find the little boy jumping out of another circle of purple light. His purple eyes melted into something golden. They were warm and smooth like raw honey and Derek couldn't help but stare into them.

Derek wanted to shift back and introduce himself to the boy but before he could, Stiles' head was tilting up and his face melted into something surprised.

"I gotta go wolfy, bye-bye" Derek leaped after him to stop him but the little boy's magic was too quick. He disappeared in an instant, leaving nothing behind but the smell of lightning. Derek slumped down into the dirt, thinking of those pretty honey eyes and greedily inhaling the scent of lightning.