Ch. 1: Escape

A/N
In the banners above on each chapter, I'll be including some of my favorite songs just so you all can have some music to listen to as you read.

So to start off the songs off is Skillet's song Never Surrender

Anyways on to the story!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Now is my time. My time to finally grasp at a little thing called freedom. I've bided my time here in this god forsaken place since I was a young teenager and now the time has come. There were no fights today so it was perfect. I went to my cell door and looked up and down the hall making sure thr coast was clear before grabbing my back pack. For months I've worked out guard schedules plus digging my escape tunnel. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly as I went over to the outside wall. I removed the bricks from the floor and went down into the tunnel. I placed the bricks back making the area pitch black but I could see with ease.

You're probably wondering how that's even possible. Well it's simple really. I'm not human only partly. Yes I look like a normal human being but inside I have another form. A form that my parents have held me captive for. A form that my parents force me to use on other creatures for sport. They call me a Bio-Being. A being who's second form is a wolf and dragon hybrid. I'm not the size of a regular wolf nor am I the size of a dragon. My form stands as tall as a Thoroughbred horse and my strength is inhuman.

I grew my nails at will and used them to dig the dirt once I got to the end of my tunnel. I made sure to make a small hole at the end so I would know I was finally on the outside. I broke through the last of the remaining dirt and a smile came to my face. Quickly I exited the tunnel and let my legs take off into a run.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My legs burned but I kept pushing on until I made it to the small city. I put up my hood up on my jacket just in case I spotted anyone associated with my parents as I made my way towards the Traveler's Field. My senses  on high alert as I went up to a booth with no line.

"Hello how can I help you this afternoon?"

"Are there any ships leaving this planet?" I questioned the woman behind the counter.

"Only one. The Hunter- Graztner."

"I'll take it." I said pulling out some currency and laying it on the counter's surface.

The woman took my money before placing a ticket down for me. I quickly grabbed it and made my way towards the ship. It wasn't too hard to find seeing that a line of people were waiting to get on. I stood in the line moving up as the line moved. My head swivelled nervously as I looked around. I didn't want one of my parents associates to spot me. I know if I was found out that I would be in serious trouble. My life could end if I was lucky.

"Excuse me?" I broke out of my thoughts and looked towards the voice, "Ticket?" I quickly handed it over and she punched it.

"Name?"

"Skylar Rylee." I said with a smile.

"I'm Carolyn Fry. I'll be your co-pilot during this flight and if there's anything you need just come and find me."

"Thank you." I said with a single nod of my head.

"You're gonna be in pod 13. That's to the right." I nodded my head and boarded the craft. I went to the right as Fry had instructed. Above each pod there was number and even a large printed number on the cover so I don't see how anyone wouldn't be able to find the right one.

I easily found mine and stored my bag above my pod. I looked around the ship. I could hear many different voices and smell different scents. My eyes landed on a pod across from mine. There was a man already inside. One the outside of his pod was a warning to passengers and crew not to let him out until the destination was reached. He must have done something pretty bad.

I descreetly breathed in his scent despite the glass that separated us all while stepping closer. His scent was masculine and powerful. I looked him over taking in his features. Chiseled jawline and muscular with a bald head. I'd tell you his eye color but he's blindfolded. His mouth held a piece of metal that resembled a horse bit and his hands were placed behind him. A low growl filled my ears as I looked back up. The stranger's head was now up and seemed to be looking right at me.

"I wouldn't stand too close Miss. He's a dangerous man." A new voice came startling me. The new man had a stench I've smelled before and it took all I had not to gag. Morphine pushers have a distinct smell and once you get it embedded in your senses it never leaves your memory.

"He doesn't look too dangerous."

"That's because he's contained. He's pretty good at escaping seeing as he escaped a Max Security Prison." I raised my brow in astonishment, "My name's Johns. What's yours?"

"Skylar. Nice to meet you." I said extending my hand for him to shake. He took my hand but instead of shaking it he kissed it.

"Such a beautiful name for a gorgeous woman." I fought the urge to roll my eyes as I wiped the back of my hand on my pants.

Before Johns could flirt anymore with me the captain and co-pilot entered the ship and closed the doors. Fry announced to everyone to get in their pods and I didn't hesitate to get in mine. I watched as Johns got into the one on my right. Great..

It wasn't long after the pod doors closed that my human side began to fall into cryosleep leaving my animalistic side to pick up the slack.

********************

Note!

Yes I know this chapter is kind of short but it should get longer as the chapters go on.

I hope you all are enjoying this so far though. Always remember to go down to the Comme section below and leave your thoughts.