Ch. 5: The Camp

Chapter Song: I Refuse by Five Finger Death Punch
******************
******************

We continued through the immense amount of skeletal remains looking for any signs of water. I could tell we were getting close to a water source but I didn't want to say anything. I know either Fry or Johns would question me on how I knew where water would be. The last thing I want is to be associated as a monster with them. That's why I fled that planet we left.

"We'll stop here for a while to rest." Johns announced. Everyone went there own ways but staying close enough to be called back.

I explored the bones before coming inside another large ribcage. The ribs created a shadowy place to escape the scorching heat of this unknown world. I started to sit down but the sound of someone approaching made me straighten up. Fry came to the ribs and sat down with her back to me. Good thing I'm not Riddick. I stayed in my place as Johns approached her with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hands.

"Drink?" Johns offered.

"Probably shouldn't do this. Dehydrates you even more." Fry took the bottle and placed it to her lips taking a swig. Her face twisted at the taste before she handed the bottle back to Johns.

"You're probably right. You could've stayed at the ship. Probably should've. We don't find water...you know what happens." He observed. Maybe I should just lead them to the water source?

"I wanted to get away."

"I've never seen a captain
so ready to leave her ship." He stated.

"I think we should keep moving." Fry got to her feet quickly.

"What did Owens mean about not touching the handle?" Fry looked at Johns and a guilty look came to her face before vanishing, "This is between you and me, Carolyn. I promise." Johns pressed wanting to get the information he wanted from her. I'm glad he's moving on to the next female instead of focusing on me.

"I'm not your captain. During the landing when things were at their worst...Owens was at his best. He's the one that stopped the docking pilot from dumping the main cabin." Fry's head lowered in shame.

"And the docking pilot being?" Fry looked back up and he scoffed, "I guess I'm a little more glad to be here than I thought." Johns said before walking away. I couldn't believe it. That bitch wanted to kill everyone on that fuckin' ship just to save her own skinny ass.

As she walked after Johns I let out a low growl. She's gonna be the first one I hope Riddick kills. I started to leave the dead beast's ribcage when a hand went to my mouth and I was restrained to a muscular chest. I struggled against the person.

"First you stare at me. Now you're spying on people's conversations." Riddick's deep voice came into my ears. His voice alone made my struggling stop.

"I'm gonna take my hand from your mouth. Don't scream. You understand?" Riddick said and I nodded my head. Slowly his hand left my mouth and I moved away.

"Wha..what do..do you want Riddick?"

"I know you hear it too." He said slowly stalking towards me.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Bullshit." My back hit the wall of the ribcage and Riddick pinned me against the bones. His nose came up to my neck and he breathed in deeply, "You can fool the others but not me...Bio-Being." He said pulling back to look me in the eyes.

"How did you even remotely know?"

"They're gonna find out that there's something out there much worse than you and I. The choice is yours to make Skylar." My head snapped to the side as I heard footsteps approaching.

I turned around quickly but he was already gone. How the fuck does he do that? I left the ribcage as the others began gathering to continue to find the water.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We walked through several more skeletons before coming to a valley between 2 sand dunes. One of Imam's son ran forward before dragging something out of the sand. Fry took it from him and looked at it as she wiped off the sand. Suddenly it began to turn on but she looked at it like she's never seen something to that before.

I rolled my eyes and continued my walk away from the group. I turned a corner and came face to face with a wide open space. In the spanse of sand was a cluster of buildings. I looked behind me and whistled loudly catching their attention before I waved them over. The group came running towards me.

"Good work Skylar." Imam said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Maybe this planet isn't so dead after all." Imam's sons ran down towards the building shouting in Arabic.

We followed the sons towards the abandon looking camp and I went on my own to look around while the others were searching the various other buildings and at some kind of water pump. I entered into a building that was almost pitch black except for the light that came with the open door. I smelled for a threat but there was nothing but the smell of mustyness. I looked through the place. There were pictures and other personal belongings no one would ever want to leave behind.

This place has been abandoned for quite some time but why would their possessions still be here? Maybe the cause of these peoples disappearance is due to the scratching sound coming from under the ground? I shook the thought from my head as I heard footsteps. I knew it wasn't Johns.

"Lights? Lights on?" Fry spoke thinking the lights would come on with her voice. Is she really that dumb? I pulled on the moveable slat windows making light burst through the room. Fry jumped holding her heart as she looked over at me.

"Place doesn't need electricity. Not with 3 suns." I said as the solar powered objects began to start.

"How did you know that would happen?"

"Don't you remember the toy Ali found on our way here? When you wiped away the sand it started working." I explained.

"Oh...well that makes sense." As she turned and looked around the room, I could tell that she was rolling her eyes at me.

Bitch. I thought to myself before leaving the building. It wasn't long after I left that Fry did. I watched her walk around the building that we left before I heard her cheers and whistles.

"Hello Mecca!" Those cheers for the attention of everyone and they came around the building with me. I couldn't believe my eyes. Another ship.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey guys and gals!

I hope you're enjoying this story so far. Please leave me some comments or at least a Vote on each read chapter. I'd really appreciate it :)