Chapter 26

A.n - A whole lotta time skips between last chapter and this one.in All previous chapters, they were on summer break, this skips ahead to april

"Get the door please, Amy!" Mrs. King called from upstairs. I walked quickly to the door, straightening my blouse, and checking my hair in the mirror as I went. I quickly wrenched open the door, and was engulfed in someone's arms.

"Jack!" I cried delightedly, wrapping my arms around him. He lifted me off the ground, twirled me around, and then set me back down, so his family could come in. I greeted the rest of the Hughes, and then led them to the living room, where everything was all set up. At that moment, Sophie dashed down the stairs. She already knew Jack, as he had come to visit almost every weekend when school started back, but she hadn't met the rest of his family. I introduced her quickly, and she gravitated to where Quinn was standing. They started talking immediately, and everyone else followed suit. 

Jack's shout cut through all the chatter. "Everybody shut up it's on!" I giggled, and he sat down beside me on the floor, handing me a pop can. I quickly thanked him, and everyone sat down. 

Jack's leg bounced excitedly, and he looked like a child waiting for his favourite show to come on. 

I thought he was going to forget to breathe when that fat bald guy walked up onto the stage. Jack made everyone promise not to talk during the entire thing, and the spun around when he heard the man's voice.

"And the 15th overall selection in the 2019 NHL draft belongs to..." He flipped over a card. "The Colorado Avalanche." 

I held my breath went it came to the 8th slot. This was where the Canucks were predicted to go! All the previous teams had gone exactly where they were slated to though, and the Nucks had terrible lottery luck..

"And the 8th overall selection in the 2019 NHL draft belongs to... the Buffalo Sabres." 

I screamed, along with Jack and Quinn. This meant we were guaranteed a top three pick, and had a chance at drafting Jack! Not only would having Jack make our team that much better, but how cool would it be to have your boyfriend play for your favourite NHL team?

The rest of the lottery went by in a blur, with Anaheim jumping into the top three, along with the Senators pick, which belonged to the Avalanche.

When they came back after commercial to do the top 3, I grabbed Jack's hand. We were so close... so close to completing the brother duo...

"The 3rd overall selection in the 2019 NHL draft belongs to... the Anaheim Ducks." 

I gripped his hand tighter... yes, this would be perfect. Uniting the Hughes brothers, only a year after the Sedins retired, and on our home floor?!

"And... the 1st overall selection in the 2019 NHL draft belongs to... the Vancouver Canucks."

"AAAAHHHHHHH!" Jack and I leaped off the floor, jumping up and down. He picked me up and spun me around. "I'm going to the Canucks babe!" He shrieked. 

There was no chance we would draft Kaako instead of him. We already had Quinn for god's sake!

Quinn came over to Jack and they hugged, pounding each other on the back, with Quinn going on about how great Vancouver was.

All of a sudden I stopped jumping and yelling. A sudden realization had hit me. "What's wrong?" Jack whispered. I looked up at him worriedly. "It's just... are we going to have to break up? Because Vancouver's so far and..." He brushed my hair out of my eyes. "Babe... there's something I've been meaning to ask you." He started. "Would you want to... move to Vancouver with me? I  mean, Quinn would be there too so..." he trailed off. 

I quickly glanced over at Mrs. King, who was sitting right beside us. I knew she had heard, and when I looked at her, my eyes asking the question, she shrugged, then pointed at me, signifying that it was my decision.

"Yes." I whispered. "Yes, I would love to move to Vancouver with you." 

Jack grinned, and then leaned down to firmly plant his lips on mine. I closed my eyes, still in disbelief that I would be living with him soon

A.N - next chapters gonna be the draft, and then its going to end, hope you guys have enjoyed it!

-CanucksFanFics