winners

this took me so long to announce.

and for that, i apologize.

tbh choosing is harder than I ever thought.

but these stories' depths are what really got me. i know everyone who participated really made an effort in writing those beautiful one-shots, and for that, i'm very grateful.

well, i'll stop blabbering now.

so, here are the winners for the one-shot contest!

winners:

third: Vemod: Conflation One Shot by DaPlatypus

this one-shot has an ending i would never expect for one of my characters. it starts with Celestine, landing on the foreign country - her once-favorite person lives – to meet another man to marry. it's a rollercoaster from the time she stepped out of the plane. overall, I think it represents the possibility of being oblivious to someone's life that you used to be very closed with. and it left me thinking after reading it.

second: fixing us by Ixdand

this one-shot has that atmosphere so melancholy and calm that i'm sure will make you feel relief and ache for the past and the things these characters went through. in the beginning it urges you to read more because of its mysterious ambiance. it's like it has a secret of its own that will keep you guessing until the end. you'll see snippets of their young selves through circumstances they had to face and things they still do even with their age. i love how she made a twist in Celestine's and Vince's lives that made this seemed realistic and acceptably tragic.

first: Serendipity by UnknownDreamer13

a very well-thought and well-written one-shot. bravo. this is definitely my most favorite one and really deserves to win 1st place. it covers up almost everything i wrote in conflation; this is like a denouement to all its conflicts.

it starts with Vine opening a restaurant and narrating every single thing that has happened in the past 6 years. it is neither a very fast nor a very slow phase story-telling. it is so captivating in its own way. while Vince is unravelling the occurrences in his life for the past years, each sentence never failed to make me stop for a second and think. what i love about this is that the author put the characters in places that suit their personalities, old habits and passions. the author knew how to write my characters; knew them by heart. i can't even explain how much i adore this one.  it really deserves every read of conflation's readers.

CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! the prizes will be given later.

GOOD NEWS: because i liked every story you submitted, the others who have joined will get a consolation price. i'll just message it to you, guys. thank you so much for joining! (even tho I'm v v terrible at hosting this kind of thing)

for the readers and my followers who continue to give incredible support, i hope you're all feeling okay and fantastic today, ily.

PS. this is dedicated to the amazing Bea (Scarlet_Silhouette) for making the ever so gorgeous and not-so replaceable Conflation cover. she made it 2 years ago(when conflation was still a mere idea) and now it's 2015 and i think that just proves how timeless her cover is. thank yoou for this.