Chapter 16 (End)

(1 year time skip)

Jake's (pov)

"Where are we going, Colby" I say. "I'm not telling you until we get there, sorry" he says. We are currently driving to a place that is unown to me, but Colby is taking me there. It's a date of some sort. We talk about life and how we moved out as we drive. "Well, we are living great so, I'm good" I say as we talk about financial status. "We're here, but don't take the blind fold off" Colby tells me. I groan of annoyance and wait for him to open the car door. As I wait I play with my fingers in my lap. What if he's just plotting to like, throw me off of a cliff. I think to myself. I get startled as he yanks open the door. "I'm picking you up" he says and grabs me bridal style. I hear the door close and we start moving. What is this for, babe" I say as I manoeuvre my hands around his neck. "A suprise" he says and kisses my cheek. "I hate you" I say as he chuckles. "Well do you want to leave then" he says. "No, I was just kidding, I love you so much" I say and nuzzle into his neck laughing. "That's what I thought" he says and chuckles. All of the sudden I'm being put down. "Ok stand where I put you" Colby says. I nod and he sets me on the ground. I hear him move something around and realize that we're at the beach. "I know what we're doing here" I say. "Tell me then" Colby responds. "We're at the beach to hang because this is where our first kiss was" I say. "Oh, no. You almost caught me, but not quite. Take the blind fold off" Colby says I smile and breath in. I gently untie the knot in the blindfold and take it off. I keep my eyes closed. "What, did you get me something" I say. "Yeah, I think you'll like it" Colby answers. I bet it's one of his hoodies. I open my eyes and see Colby down on one knee holding a little box in his hands. He sets the box down and grabs my hands. "Jake, I don't think you understand how much I truly love you. It's uncontrollable. I remember you asking me if I would ever leave you, and honestly, I don't want to, so I want to make sure that I don't. And that why I'm asking, you, Jakob Andrew Webber, to marry me" Colby says and opens the box to reveal a diamond ring. "What do you think I'm going to say" I ask him. He shrugs his shoulders. "Well, no" I stop and start laughing. He looks up and smiles. "I actually hate you" he says and puts the ring on my slender finger. We almost instantly kiss and sit in a tight embrace.

"I love you, Jake"
"I love you too, Colby, but I'm cold, can we go home"
"Yes Jake, we can go home"