Chapter 2

Colby's (pov)

We just got back from Tender Greens and nothing really happened between me and Jake. Well i mean other than the whole thing in the car. I don't think I will ever be able to tell him that I have liked him since we met in highschool. "Hey Colby, do you want to watch a movie with us?" Corey asks. "Everyone is downstairs already and Jake is going to the store, if u want to go with him, here's the list" Corey says as he gives me a small piece of paper with the list of stuff everybody needs on it.

Toilet paper, Sprite -Sam

Brad Paisley Cd and White Claws-Jake

Joe Dirt Dvd -Corey

Egg whites -Aaron

I read as i add

Taco Bell -Colby

"JAKE ARE YOU READY" I scream from the top of the steps. "Uh yeah, I think" I hear a little voice from beside me. "Sorry, I thought you were downstairs" I apologize "It's ok, but yeah we can go" He says as we walk downstairs. "I'll drive" I say to Jake "ok, I'm fine with that" He says while he laughs a little. I start the car and we drive to the store in silence, but a comfortable one. We get out of the car as I notice Jake is wearing another one of my hoodies, but it's pink this time. "I like your hoodie, Jake" I say as I look over. "Yeah I quite like it too" he says and grins. "My friend gave it to me" he added.

"So we got Aaron, and Sam so now we need to go to the Dvd's" Jake tells me as he turns the cart and I follow beside him. We pick up Jake's Cd and Corey's Dvd and check out. We get in the car and drive to Taco Bell when I hear my phone ring. "Hey we changed plans and we're having a party" Sam tells me. "So pick up more stuff like cups and food, I'll send you the list." "Ok Sam, me and Jake will be back home soon" I say then hang up. "Welp, looks like we're going back to the store" I tell him "why" he whines "I wanna go home and sleep" He looks at me and puckers his lips bit frowns at the same time. "Do you want me to take you home first, Jake?" I questioned him. "No, I wanna be with you" "Ok you can sit in the cart" I say jokingly as he nods. We get a cart and Jake actually jumps right in it. Didn't expect that. "Jake, I was kidding" I tell him. "I wasn't, but if we are getting a lot of stuff I will get out" He says as he gets out of the cart. "Ok, here's the list" I hand him my phone which has the list that Sam had sent me earlier.

Solo cups
4 bags of chips
Lots of soda
Reusable pans
Reusable plates
Reusable utensils

"Ok well you find all of it I'm to tired" Jake tells me. "Ok, I know how you feel"
I got the cups plates,pans,and utensils. Now just the soda and chips. I started walking into the second isle when I feel something grab my muscles and something else rest on my shoulder. Jake. I keep walking and slowly wrap one arm around his waist so that he doesn't fall as he tightens his grip on my arm. "Your comfy Colbs" he tells me. "Your cute Jakey" I tell him as I see him blush and crack a little smile.
We check out again and get in the car. Jake starts to whine as I pry him off of me. "Sorry Jake you can't sit in my lap while I drive" I say while chuckling. "I want to, I hate the laws" he says and stares out the window. We skip Taco Bell so that Jake can get some sleep. "WERE HOME F*CKERS" Jake screams
"Jesus Christ I thought you were tired".

Jake's (pov)

I hate my life.

Brennen is sitting right infront of me flirting with Colby, and he's drunk.....he is sitting right infront of me flirting with my crush drunk.
Can someone shoot me already. "Brennen your making me uncomfortable stop" I hear all of the sudden. "Why, I'm calling you cute and you don't appreciate it, your an asshole" He scoffs and walks away. "He was making me mad" Colby tells me. "Yeah he was making me mad too" I say stupidly not thinking it through. "Wait,wait,wait. You were mad that he was flirting with me, does someone have a crush Jakey" Colby tells me. I glad that it's dark so that he can't see my face that was glowing a bright pink. "Wha- n-no of course n-not" I tell him "Jake your stuttering" "So, what does that have to do with it" I say. "You stutter when you lie".
He's right.
I do stutter when I lie.
I get up and walk right out of the house, not even grabbing a jacket, just simply walking out. "Jake,wait" I hear repeatedly but I never stop. I just keep walking slowly leading to running until I realize that I was sitting infront of Devyn and I's old hangout. "Jake, honey, tell me what happened" I hear Devyn say from behind. "Nothing he" she says as I turn around to look at her. "I-i" is all I can get out before I feel tears forming in my eyes and I break down in tears. "I didn't want him to find out" I cry out in pain. "Jake, I shouldn't be telling you this but, Colby likes you, ever since you guys met" I slowly look up at Devyn and wipe the tears that were glistening on my face from the street light above us. "Can you take me home, I need to talk to Colby"
"Of course Jake, of course I will"