Chapter 5

Jason's POV

I woke up well before the sun like I did every morning. With a soft yawn I slowly rise to my feet and carefully walk out of the elaborate caves that my pack has made a home out of, being careful not to wake any of my brethren. Once I reached the entrance to the cave I slowly lean forward onto my front paws, letting my back legs stretch out before shaking out my fur as well. Then my body started to change, quickly morphing to the body of a man, standing 6 feet tall with jet black hair and cobalt blue eyes. I take a big breath in, enjoying the sweet smell of the morning air before suddenly bursting into a jog, taking a few steps as a human before transforming back to my wolf form as I race through the woods. As the Alpha of the pack I must make sure that our home is safe, so every morning before the rest of the pack wakes I run through the near by forest to check for any signs of danger. Today it looked like the men of the village near by continued to come deeper and deeper into the woods, killing as they go. My pack wouldn't be happy about that. 

With my perimeter check done I make my way back to our home, sitting down at the entrance of the cave before letting out a loud piercing howl, the sound traveling down the tunnel to every one of my brothers and sisters inside. My ears twitch as I hear the sound of my family start to wake up, the women and young getting up to start with daily chores while the strongest of the males, an elite group of 9, come and meet me at the entrance so that we can go out and hunt for the day. Once my men finished waking up finally they all ran out, breaking up into two groups of 5, splitting up to hunt the food they would need to feed the other 40 wolves. It was very rare for any of the pack to travel into the town, so most of the food they ate needed to be hunted, but it was easily done by me and my elite men, taking only about 30 minutes to hunt down all the food they would need for the day and bringing it back to the rest of my people. Once we bring the food into the caves I take the best pieces for myself before letting my Beta and the hunters get the second best parts, while the rest get whatever they can rip off. I watch over my pack as I eat, letting them enjoy their breakfast, because after that I will have to explain the rising danger of the humans getting closer. It wouldn't be fun.

The picture above is Jason.