The Morning After

Anna woke up, slowly opening her eyes, finding herself wrapped up in Dylan's arms as he lay behind her. Looking at the empty space, she found a note "last night was incredible. I hope we can do it again sometime. You're both amazing. David x" Anna smiled, they hadn't expected their movie night with David to end in a hot, passionate threesome. She closed her eyes and drifted back off to sleep.

David had left the boat early. He didn't want to be there when they woke up, not because he felt ashamed of what they had done, after all it had been the best night of his life, no, he left because the feelings he had for Anna were not of friendship but of love. His best friend's fiancée. Dylan had trusted him enough to share Anna with him intimately and yet David didn't feel guilty for loving her.

Dylan smiled when he found Anna still cuddled into him. Looking at the clock he saw it was midday. They were due in work for 2pm, working the backshift. "hey beautiful, it's time to wake up." he placed gentle kisses on her neck "mmm, can't we just stay in bed" Anna asked sleepily "afraid not. I will cook you something tasty for 'breakfast' and you can jump in the shower" Dylan got up and went into the kitchen. Anna groaned as she got up and headed for the shower.

Outside the ED, they saw David who just nodded in acknowledgement and hurried inside "so much for it not being awkward" Dylan sighed "give him time, he might not want to talk about it at work. I better head upstairs, see you later gorgeous" anna gave Dylan a kiss and headed up to her ward. "oohh Anna, you have a gift on your desk" Suzanne giggled. Anna went into her office and found a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Picking up the card, she read the message "Anna, you truly are a wonderful woman. Thank you for everything." Anna wondered who they were from. "so are they from Dylan?" Suzanne asked. "No, there was no name. Must be from a patient's family" Suzanne left and Anna took a picture of the flowers and sent it to Dylan, using the tag "a thank you from a patient's family"

Dylan smiled when he saw the picture, he knew how much it meant to Anna. She often doubted her ability to do her job, especially after her promotion and her time was split between being on the ward and meetings. "Do I want to know why you're smiling" David said, making Dylan jump. He handed David the phone, David smiling when he saw she got his flowers. "They are her favourites, yellow roses." Dylan told David, but he already knew that, he knew a lot about Anna.